waxing

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelaL

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
i was waxing my legs yesterday and afterwards i was flicking through the instruction leaflet and it said "waxing is not suitable for diabetics" can someone please enlighten me as this seemed a bit strange

When it comes to waxing, the main issue with diabetes is the potential for reduced wound healing ability, which can mean the person is more susceptible to infection; any injury to the skin caused by waxing is therefore a concern. anybody with neuropathy (nerve damage resulting in a loss of sensation) are at particular risks maybe ask your doctor about it Angela.

i'm thinking waxing is not for me anyway cos it really really hurts 😱

lol i tryed it once never again, ill stick with my razor lol, eye watering was not even close 🙂

Angela, you'll find that a lot of products and treatments are 'not suitable for diabetics' as the companies are covering themselves. If your blood sugars are well controlled and you don't have any problems with complications (particularly neuropathy) then you should be OK as long as you take care and make sure you keep an eye on things to ensure you don't get any infections. If you are not sure, you should always seek advice from your doctor or pharmacist.

I stopped waxing years before I became diabetic 😉:D

Northerner;12431 I stopped waxing years before I became diabetic ;):D[/QUOTE said:
funny northerner you still looked quite hairy in your outfit for cheerleading :D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back