Waxing strips and related paraphenalia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunny74

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Just a random question: Can anyone tell me why hair waxing strips/hair removal mitts, etc, are 'not suitable for use by diabetics'?
I am an Avon representative and a T1 diabetic (I have also asked the same question of Avon and am awaiting a response).
Thanks!
Helen

I actually know something! :D

It's because we are at a higher risk of infection, so you don't want all those open hair follicles.

We have poor circulation or can do and waxing can cause brusing or marks so best avoided.

Oh my god, what a nanny state we live in! I think I can decide for myself. Surely it's the same as shaving? If you cut yourself shaving, or bump yourself, etc, etc.

Oh my god, what a nanny state we live in! I think I can decide for myself. Surely it's the same as shaving? If you cut yourself shaving, or bump yourself, etc, etc.

Im sure you can decide its personal choice , go ahead and enjoy.

Also people with diabetes may lose sensation in their legs/feet if complications develop, so applying a product like wax could be dangerous if you can't feel the temperature of it.

I don't think it's a case of nanny state, more Avon wanting to avoid being sued - if they advise against certain people using certain of their products, they can dismiss any claim that follows from "damage". I'd be interested to hear Avon's response, if it's not confidential.
Can't say I've ever bothered with waxing or shaving legs - pale hair has its advantages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back