waterproof?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosie:)

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello, I?m hopefully getting A pump soon just waiting to hear but i just wanted to know are they waterproof cos i swim 4 times a week will this be a problem? Thanks:D

Hi Rosie,

Only the Animas is waterproof. The other pumps cannot be immersed, and must be detached for swimming. They are fine to be detached for up to an hour, at which point you'd need to check your BG and possibly reattach to bolus some insulin to replace missed basal.

Hello, I?m hopefully getting A pump soon just waiting to hear but i just wanted to know are they waterproof cos i swim 4 times a week will this be a problem? Thanks:D

Some intreped (mad) folk swam the channel wearing animas pumps 😱

Hi Rosie,

Only the Animas is waterproof. The other pumps cannot be immersed, and must be detached for swimming. They are fine to be detached for up to an hour, at which point you'd need to check your BG and possibly reattach to bolus some insulin to replace missed basal.

So do you just have to detached like everthing or just pump or is that a stupid thing to ask lol😛

No question is stupid 🙂

You don't need to take out the cannula - this usually has a connector of some type which sits on the surface of your skin (each infusion set is slightly different), and this is the point where you can disconnect the tubing leading to the pump. After you swim you simply plug the connector at the end of the tubing back into the connector sitting on your skin. Sorry for the unscientific terminology, can't think what they're actually called!

No question is stupid 🙂

You don't need to take out the cannula - this usually has a connector of some type which sits on the surface of your skin (each infusion set is slightly different), and this is the point where you can disconnect the tubing leading to the pump. After you swim you simply plug the connector at the end of the tubing back into the connector sitting on your skin. Sorry for the unscientific terminology, can't think what they're actually called!

Oh that’s not as bad as i was thinking that I’d have too do everything a aging😱

Oh that?s not as bad as i was thinking that I?d have too do everything a aging😱

Well you might have to if you are going to spend hours in the water 🙂 The sticky that holds the cannula in place might come off if you don't secure it properly with extra stick.
As RK says no question is stupid, if no one asks questions how would we all learn from each other? 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back