Water Blister

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyBikey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
This huge water blister has appeared over lunch on my remaining leg. I suffer from PAD and have areas of very dry skin (some look like a crocodile skin). Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_20211024_150411.jpg
    IMG_20211024_150411.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Goodness @MikeyBikey - that does look like something you need to show to a Dr. Can you book a video consultation with your GP? or send them the photo?

Thank you for replying. The photo is now with the district nurses as I am due a visit later today.

Goodness knows when the Health Service will become a proper 24x7 service.

So an update. Shortly before the district nurse arrived it burst - it had been seeping before. Anyway she cleaned and dressed the area with a special absorbent pad and said she would be back on Friday. However by Wednesday afternoon it had become quite uncomfortable being damp, itchy and slightly painful so I chased it up. Another nurse came yesterday. The dressing was indeed saturated but was stuck to the skin. Despite copious amounts of saline solution the skin came away with the dressing and I have a largesish circular patch 55mm in diameter. With a new dressing it feels much more comfortable. I then went to the podiatrist and another saga began! ☹️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back