Washed out

CoolShot44

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
He/Him
Woke up this morning drenched in sweat and been feeling a bit odd in myself since and i cant put finger on it just don't feel right a bit light headed tbh since waking up at 5 , so checked my bloods twice and got a 4.1 reading really odd my levels haven't been this low before and wondering if its gone really down during the night while i've been asleep any advice ?

Woke up this morning drenched in sweat and been feeling a bit odd in myself since and i cant put finger on it just don't feel right a bit light headed tbh since waking up at 5 , so checked my bloods twice and got a 4.1 reading really odd my levels haven't been this low before and wondering if its gone really down during the night while i've been asleep any advice ?
It is likley that your low level was making you feel a bit wobbly if they haven't been that low before. Many people find their level is a bit higher in the morning as their liver releases glucose.
As your HbA1C is now as low as 41mmol/mol which is normal you may now be on too much medication so you should speak to your nurse or GP
Could your blood pressure have been out of what you usually are as that could cause the unwell feeling.

not really sure tbh my wife couldn't beleive how much id been sweating during the night you could have thrown a cup of water on me it was that wet when i woke very unusual for me .The 41 was from january i finger prick before and after meals so by the readings ive been getting my next hb in september should be lower than that by quite a bit so your probably right could be on too much medication now .I'll keep an eye on my levels and see if they stay as they are or drop under 4

This is my glucose readings so far this week
1720086132597.png

i've just done a finger prick and it dropped to 4 now and i've been at work since 8 oclock and had breakfast but its still dropping this makes no sense normally i run about 6ish during the day or mid 5s never this low getting a bit worried

One theory ... and it is only a theory ... is that you may be coming down with something.
Some of us found that Covid caused low BG.
How are you feeling otherwise?

thanx for the reply other than feeling light headed I'm ok in myself , ill grab sum lunch and check my bloods again in an hour or so and see where I'm at .I've been trying for months now to reduce my levels and lost a lot of weight maybe I'm taking to much meds now not sure .At my levels if they continue to drop below 4 at what level do i react on ? under 4 or leave it until much lower I'm not sure as I've not experienced this b4 I'm still pretty new to this and having lows is a new one 4 me so not sure how to react or know when to if that makes sense .

You are taking a 'flozin type medication - it might be more than you need now - after a couple of years my metabolism was back firing on all cylinder - I have needed to reduce my Thyroxine dosage very significantly as I was getting palpitations. I was told that thyroids do not come back from the dead - but - well - mine seems to have Lazerine tendencies.
I suggest getting in touch with your GP PDQ for advice before the weekend.

ok thanx ill call in after work , I've also kept a log of all my readings for the past 4 months and this is the lowest its ever been today from waking up until just now . Hopefully its not a one off , if i was having a hypo last night wouldn't it wake me up ? i woke up drenched in sweat and felt a bit off when i woke it was only when i tested that i realized that my BG was low and its stayed low all day

ok thanx ill call in after work , I've also kept a log of all my readings for the past 4 months and this is the lowest its ever been today from waking up until just now . Hopefully its not a one off , if i was having a hypo last night wouldn't it wake me up ? i woke up drenched in sweat and felt a bit off when i woke it was only when i tested that i realized that my BG was low and its stayed low all day

Hope you managed to get an appointment today @richard.m - and got some helpful advice.

Those do sound like hypo warning signs, but these can be triggered at non-hypo levels if your BGs have been running hign for a while. It can take a little while for your internal “glucose thermostat” to reset.

Hope you don’t get a repeat of those sweats over the weekend.

hi everydayupsanddowns thanx for message , ive got an appointment in a few weeks time , on saturday same thing happened woke up covered in sweat i checked my glucose levels and they where fine .Everyday is different and my levels can go like this example 1720425508557.png

to
1720425857429.png
to this :1720426073293.png
i'm a bit puzzled tbh as most of the time i'm well in range and eat the same stuff day in day out ,normally my sugar levels are not that low as you can see from these examples taken lately . What i cant understand is why my levels don't come down to base line untill hours after ive eaten i'm not on insulin so rely on metformin and flozin to bring the level back down but i can see that when i test sometimes it can take 6 hours or more to drop back to where they started at is this normal ?

hi everydayupsanddowns thanx for message , ive got an appointment in a few weeks time , on saturday same thing happened woke up covered in sweat i checked my glucose levels and they where fine .Everyday is different and my levels can go like this example View attachment 30808

to
View attachment 30809
to this :View attachment 30810
i'm a bit puzzled tbh as most of the time i'm well in range and eat the same stuff day in day out ,normally my sugar levels are not that low as you can see from these examples taken lately . What i cant understand is why my levels don't come down to base line untill hours after ive eaten i'm not on insulin so rely on metformin and flozin to bring the level back down but i can see that when i test sometimes it can take 6 hours or more to drop back to where they started at is this normal ?
The parameters people are looking to achieve are 4-7 fasting/morning and before meals and no more than 8-8.5mol/l by 2 hours post meal. So apart from 1 blip all your reading are fine if not on the low side for someone newly diagnosed so your issues could be your body just taking time to adjust to low levels when it had been used to being much higher over months.

ok thank you for message 🙂

It is likley that your low level was making you feel a bit wobbly if they haven't been that low before. Many people find their level is a bit higher in the morning as their liver releases glucose.
As your HbA1C is now as low as 41mmol/mol which is normal you may now be on too much medication so you should speak to your nurse or GP
Could your blood pressure have been out of what you usually are as that could cause the unwell feeling.
hi everydayupsanddowns thanx for message , ive got an appointment in a few weeks time , on saturday same thing happened woke up covered in sweat i checked my glucose levels and they where fine .Everyday is different and my levels can go like this example View attachment 30808

to
View attachment 30809
to this :View attachment 30810
Can I ask I’m three months in still finding my way lost two stone but now stagnant I have been taking my readings but not kept a record can I ask how you do it as shown thanks

Hi for me i'm using accu chek glucose meter and i use the my sugar app that came with it to collect all the data there's an option to upload readings and export if needed ie weekly or monthly etc i would imagine most glucose meters work with an app per model of it , for me personally i've found that cooking everything from scratch and testing before and after meals has worked for me following a low carb diet and i've gradually seen my levels drop to now seeing them in the mid 4s range to mid 6' s its taken around 6 months for me but everyone's different i too have lost a lot of weight , just try to make small changes if u can for me i cut out bread for a while and dairy . Now i get my bread from the bakery in my town and its made with low gi ingredients . Try to stay active even just walking to the shops or going for some fresh air and get sum steps in , it all helps to lower the levels also try drinking plenty of water it really does help , personally i recommend hot green tea , and hot lemon water . Everyone's different read through the forum and get some ideas to help as there's heaps of advice an information to soak up so your in the right place .
Hope this helps spottboyo

for me to add a reading i just take a snippet from my log and copy n paste in chat

Back