Was I daft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebstar

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I went to the nurse on Friday for a cholesterol test (when I last had my review in June my level was up a bit so they wanted to check a few months later to see if I needed to increase the statins). When I got there the DSN had left a note for the nurse who what doing the test to do my HbA1c. I refused this because I would rather have it done in December when I am due for my review and due to the fact that I have not long come back off holiday and wanted to get back to my normal eating and drinking habits before I had it done because if possible I don't want to go on medication for diabetes until I absolutely have to. I think the DSN probably thought that as I was there I might as well have the HbA1c at the same time. Now I feel daft for having refused should I just have let her do the test? I get into such a state every time I have a blood test and review.:(

Hi, I can understand your concerns about having the test when you have been outside of your normal routine, but I think that the doctor would be unlikely to put you on medication if it was slightly elevated and you explained the circumstances to him/her. No, I don't think you were daft, you had a legitimate reason, but try and have a little more confidence in future about your diabetes management and not to be afraid of arguing your corner - it's something I've learned over the past couple of years! 🙂

We are all different and you did what you felt was right for you. I know a lot of people who get very upset when asked to do something outside their normal routine, and then laught about it later.

You did what you felt was right at the time, so it was right, even if know you dont think it was.
So dont beat yourself up (my phrase of the day today 🙂)

Id get the test, even if its not as good as you would like you know why if youve been away. And if its ok, then even better.

x

I cant add much to what has been said already sebstar, but i totally agree your an adult who makes the right choices that are for you and you decided against it for a reason so dont dwell.Theres been times when i have had my hbA done and then when i have recieved the results the GP has said maybe we should have waited another month etc etc and its been a waste of a result so rather then then happening waiting until December was the right thing..

Thanks folks always feel better after I have posted on here.🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back