• Don't Care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyBikey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
In the "Who Will Be The Next Prime Minister?" thread some mention has been made of Brexit. Not wanting to hijack the thread I thought it was a good idea to ask if people thought it a good idea. Having friends and relatives living in Europe it never seemed a good idea to me. I know two SMEs whose sales to Europe have been badly hit, believe it has an impact on the ongoing drug shortages, had an adverse effect on our fishermen, am concerned about its effect on Northern Ireland, etc. So it's a "NO" from me. What about you?

The arguments for Brexit were primarily political. The arguments against it were primarily financial. Whether you think it good or bad will depend on how you view the balance between the two.

Despite my personal views on Brexit scuppering my plans of an easy retirement in Spain, why anyone thought it sensible to voluntarily leave the biggest free trade market in the world is beyond me.

Is a HUGE no from me 😉

To my shame I voted leave, largely because of the rose-coloured nostalgic spectacles remembering my youth and teenage years before we joined the EU. The consequences have been horrendous so now my answer is a big fat NO.

We were happily pottering along with a small business doing repairs and selling small items mainly to Europe, we had people coming to see us and getting things done whilst they were here on holiday.
Suddenly, after BREXIT repairs were being charged as though we'd bought something which should have VAT added, plus a fee for collecting it, and when sent back there were duties to pay and fees again. It put our repair work outside what was affordable. It was cheaper to buy another than to have a repair done.
My husband gets a pension now, but in the time up until then things were not as good as we expected them to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back