wart on finger

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaLQ

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I've got a small wart on one of my fingers, had it for a while, keep trying to get rid of it and nothing works (yep, even tried cutting it out - by god that hurt). It's on the palm side of my finger right next to a joint crease, so it's really uncomfortable, more so since I've been using salicylic acid on it (verrucca ointment) and filing it as it says to. Now since reading the box more, I've found out that being diabetic, I'm not supposed to be using it - so I wondered, has anyone got any good recommendations? It's vital I get rid of it asap, because doing massage I'm having to wear a plaster or even glove in case I contaminate anything, so I need it gone yesterday if possible 😛

Thing is, all this treatment with the acid has left it very sore and the centre is broken, so I'm scared of trying any new treatments that might make it worse. It's amazing that something so tiny (literally the size of a match head!) can hurt so much 😱

Is it a trip to the doctors, or is there something else I can try? I dont want to bother the docs, but if it's the only way then I need to know asap so I can book in before I lose any more chance of massage practise.

xx

try tea tree oil i read it yesterday on a magazine rub it pure on the wart

Until you get some advice from doctor or pharmacist (or occupational health, if there is any service, as you're doing a training course) you can save gloves, by just cutting off glove fingers and wearing one each time on the affected finger only.

See your GP - they may suggest you carry on using the ointment despite the warning particularly if you have no issues with neuropathy. If not they may be able to freeze it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back