Wart left eyebrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill917

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi could anyone please give me some advise on removing a wart from my left eyebrow the nhs has refused there was a change in 2019 regarding wart etc from the face they told me at the clinic if i were to go private they will more than likely freeze it surely i can freeze it myself rather than pay £180 to £200 + any ideas.thankyou...

At home treatments aren't recommended for use on the face especially near eyes due to how sensitive the skin is and they can burn the skin around, they burned the skin on my fingers and I can tell you it wasn't pleasant, I also used many different brands (well my mum did as I was much younger) and not one worked, they all dropped off themselves long after stopping using any treatments and my hands were plagued with them back then

I personally wouldn't do it myself

I have had a recurring small wart on the inside of my index finger for years, and, over the years, I have tried various off the shelf treatments. None of them really worked. I asked my pharmacist about it once and he said that warts fall of on their own after a couple of years. He also said that the current official advice was that it was best to leave them to do just that.

You could always ask your pharmacist, but I suspect they will tell you the same thing. If so, there is always makeup, large sunglasses, a wide brimmed hat or all three.

I know that, since it is on your face, it will be very distressing and psychologically leave you feeling as if you have this giant blemish. You have my sympathies, and, to cheer you up, here are 140+ Old Wives’ Tales From Around the World including several for removing warts. Remember, these do not work, they are purely for entertainment.

I have had a recurring small wart on the inside of my index finger for years, and, over the years, I have tried various off the shelf treatments. None of them really worked. I asked my pharmacist about it once and he said that warts fall of on their own after a couple of years. He also said that the current official advice was that it was best to leave them to do just that.

You could always ask your pharmacist, but I suspect they will tell you the same thing. If so, there is always makeup, large sunglasses, a wide brimmed hat or all three.

I know that, since it is on your face, it will be very distressing and psychologically leave you feeling as if you have this giant blemish. You have my sympathies, and, to cheer you up, here are 140+ Old Wives’ Tales From Around the World including several for removing warts. Remember, these do not work, they are purely for entertainment.
Interesting about the Old Wives tales. When I was a kid my friend had warts on her hands and a gypsy came to the door and suggested she rubbed a cut potato over her hands, which she did and within a couple of weeks they disappeared.
Coincidence ??
I believe warts are caused by a virus and as such usually go on their own.

I believe warts are caused by a virus and as such usually go on their own.
Warts are part of human papilloma virus, and falling off on their own is what my pharmacist said. When I disputed this by pointing out that I had had this small wart for years, he said that it was actually a succession of warts. He then showed me his thumb, where he had ac collection of tiny warts, and explained he had also had them for years, but, it was in fact a succession of warts growing in roughly the same place. I suspect this is actually part of the reason why the NHS is sceptical about wart treatments.

I have been doing some more research, and, interestingly, especially for @Bill917, while the NICE guidelines are also pretty sceptical about treatment, the revision of February 2020 suggest the following cases should be referred:

When should I refer someone with warts or verrucae?​

• In general, most warts can be managed in primary care. Specialized treatments may be available in secondary care dependent on local referral guidelines.
  • Consider referral to a dermatologist, if:
    • The person has a facial wart.
    • The diagnosis is uncertain.
    • The person is immunocompromised.
    • The person has areas of skin that are extensively affected, for example, mosaic warts of the hands and feet.
    • The person is bothered by persistent warts that are unresponsive to both topical salicylic acid and cryotherapy, if indicated.

To me, that suggests @Bill917 should go back to his Doctor or local health board and ask for a referral based on the link provided. Also, he should point out he has diabetes. He hasn't told us anything about this, but the bit about being immunocompromised suggest he may win some points there?

However, he should bear in mind that even if he gets treatment, it may not be effective.

He hasn't told us anything about this, but the bit about being immunocompromised suggest he may win some points there?
Why? Just being diabetic doesn't make a person immunocompromised

I didn't say it did. It can however be a complication of diabetes, and, along with other potential complications and general health status, it may just tip the balance in favour of treatment.

Edit: On rereading, I suppose I actually kind of implied that was what I was suggesting. I apologise for that it wasn't my intention

Last edited:
The NHS now doesn't really remove anything unless it either looks suspicious or is causing a prob - eg I had a cyst right on the line of my lower eyelashes removed, cos it was poking in my eye. The ruddy great warty thing on the lower lid of my left eye doesn't interfere with my sight so it just gets bigger year on year, (I have a large sebaceous cyst in an 'intimate' place and I'm seriously considering going private to get rid of that.)

Thankyou guys for your replies i will leave it for now to see if it gets any bigger or maybe in time it may drop off by the the way yes i am diabetic type 2 have been for the past 6 years and coping very well.Thankyou again for your input.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back