Warm up times - g6 only needs 30 min?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tdm

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Had an interesting experience today...new dexcom g6 sensor. Due to some glitch it skipped the 2 hr warm up. It showed i wad LOW for about 30 min, then the readings were accurate.
So, for this sensor at least, it only needed 30 min not 2hrs warmup....
And the 'build your own dexcom app' lets you set your own wam up time. May be worth, if you download it, trying 30 min? Or if the 2 hr warm up with no readingd is a problem for you, its a possible solution?

The G7 is only 30 mins max @Tdm Maybe your G6 didn’t get the message :D

If I wear my replacement G7 sensor for over 30 mins before I activate it, only 2 or 3 mins is needed before it is providing its new readings. Meanwhile the outgoing sensor has been providing readings that briefly show as a 2nd graph. Sometimes my new G7 seems to be a bit adrift, but settles down in no more than 4 hours, without me doing anything except being patient.

G7 can be calibrated but I've learnt to be patient and I don't even consider doing a calibration until I have no insulin on board and my status is very "static", which for me is normally just after waking.

Interesting @Tdm.
I had the very short warm up with one of my early fittings of a G6 sensor but not ever since. I put it down to my me not following the install procedure precisely enough but accurately enough to allow it to work OK.
I'll look up your "build your own dexcom app" as I find the 2hr wait time a irritating when a meal is due.

I take it that it does not interfere with the "Clarity" app that my hospital DN uses to track my readings.

Thanks

Should be ok...i was on 'build your own' til v recently and the clinic could access my info as i remember...i think you use the official clarity, and the 'build your own' is just changed enough to remove the phone model resistrictions...and allow you to shorted the warm up.
I'd still keep some ( say 30min warm up) unless you want to hear the 'low' alarm and skank your stats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back