Walnuts and calories...

Sharron1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Heigh ho, I adore all sorts of nuts but have resisted not for carb or calories but because am concerned about cracking my teeth. However, have found a way to indulge but that was also a shock. I placed a handful of walnuts between two sheets of kitchen towel and rolled a rolling pin over them to crush them. Result. But when looked at the kitchen towel it was covered in oil from the walnuts. No wonder they are so calorific. Delicious but ....

Heigh ho, I adore all sorts of nuts but have resisted not for carb or calories but because am concerned about cracking my teeth. However, have found a way to indulge but that was also a shock. I placed a handful of walnuts between two sheets of kitchen towel and rolled a rolling pin over them to crush them. Result. But when looked at the kitchen towel it was covered in oil from the walnuts. No wonder they are so calorific. Delicious but ....
You can buy walnut oil which is quite nice in a salad dressing. Also avocado oil, pumpkin seed oil, you wouldn't imagine pumpkin seeds had much oil.

I've always been partial to the odd Walnut..but they so full of oil so I don't have many. Mind you I also like Walnut oil and it's really lovely when used in salad dressing.

A lot of oil in nuts. Chuck a handful of peanuts in a blender and see what you get. (peanut butter) Sounds like it might work with Walnuts as well?

Back