Walking

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 34756
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 34756

Hello everyone, hope you all had a good weekend! The weather seems to be picking up has anyone gone on any nice walks?

Yes 🙂 I love walking - my favourite form of exercise. I’ve found that the ground is still very sodden after all the rain though, so that has impacted my choice of walks a bit. We did a lovely one through woodland by a river - perfect🙂

We walked on the footpaths over the fields at the back of the village yesterday, and some were still quite muddy. It looks to be a while before I venture onto the paths down in the river valley, the spring line is still quite high, so water is flowing across some of the paths in places, and the whole thing is like a quagmire.

Go on nice walks every day, come rain or shine, dog makes sure of that.

Lucky to have woodland close by & on edge of countryside with some nice river walks, tbh happy pounding pavements or whatever as long as its outside, great way to relax mind & other health benefits are bonus.

Been doing min 15000 steps for last 2 months, have app on phone to keep track of things.

Spent the weekend in Buxton...partner doesn't walk due to back pain, but our B&B was right between the pavilion gardens and the other park in Buxton. Had already done 10k steps on Saturday before we set off so managed to get in 20k by the end of the day....which was a relief as our dinner came in over-budget calorie-wise!

I walk on the beach every day unless it is very stormy and very wet.

When I was diagnosed I could hardly get up the stairs let alone go for a proper walk. And I was in constant pain.

Bit by bit I introduced some walking. Initially just to the shops and back. That was tough, cos it hurt and left me exhausted. But I persevered.

Then I decided to up my game to just 30 minutes walking on the beach everyday. Again, very tough. My weight was reducing all this time and the pains too reduced.

Then upped it to one hour a day and the walking became easier and easier. No pain.

Now I am up to between 2 and 3 hours a day walking on the beach. Its a real pleasure but I do struggle with the cold weather.

I don't think I will increase it further as I have to get on with real life too and look after my wife.

It's a real blessing having the beach nearby.

I really miss my walking as I am still restricted as to how far I can go with the painfully slow to recover Knee. I am not managing more than half a mile not very fast walking but trying to go a bit further each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back