Walking resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy Edson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I just managed to hit my target for 2022: walk the road distance from Sydney to Perth = 3,934km or 2,443 miles. Average of 14.4k steps per day.

1672469296917.png

I don't see much added value in upping that target for 2023 but I would like to pick up the cadence a bit. In 2022 this averaged 118 steps per minutes. For 2023 I'm setting 122 steps per minute as the target:
1672469396641.png

Not a big change but I'm basically walking about as much and as fast as I can sustain these days so any improvement will be incremental.

Anyway, I think it's pretty damn good for somebody with a completely obliterans-ed left femoral artery and >50% stenosis in the right 🙂

That’s fantastic. I aim to walk 1000 miles every year , boots on only, ie planned walks not just pottering around the house or the supermarket, I also only count anything over a mile. This year I haven’t even hit 700 miles. Lots of reasons got in the way, laziness, lethargy and life! Plus the weather was unnaturally hot over here in the summer and I just can’t walk in the heat at all. We had a walking holiday the beginning of this month and climbed fells, lots of my walks are up, and walked around lakes and followed trails. Got some decent mileage in, got home and a few days later fell down the stairs and busted my ankle! I haven’t walked since obviously. It’s on the mend, sort of, but not sure how long it’ll be before I can do a decent walk, so I’m thinking I might need to count every step I do this coming year. That will probably be the only way I’ll get my mileage in.

Happy New Year, it will be very soon for you. And keep walking. It’s my favourite thing to do.

That’s fantastic. I aim to walk 1000 miles every year , boots on only, ie planned walks not just pottering around the house or the supermarket, I also only count anything over a mile. This year I haven’t even hit 700 miles. Lots of reasons got in the way, laziness, lethargy and life! Plus the weather was unnaturally hot over here in the summer and I just can’t walk in the heat at all. We had a walking holiday the beginning of this month and climbed fells, lots of my walks are up, and walked around lakes and followed trails. Got some decent mileage in, got home and a few days later fell down the stairs and busted my ankle! I haven’t walked since obviously. It’s on the mend, sort of, but not sure how long it’ll be before I can do a decent walk, so I’m thinking I might need to count every step I do this coming year. That will probably be the only way I’ll get my mileage in.

Happy New Year, it will be very soon for you. And keep walking. It’s my favourite thing to do.
Oh no - poor you! That's awful - I think I'd go completely nutso if I broke my ankle & couldn't walk.

HNY nonetheless & I will attempt to beam waves of mental healing energy your way to make it heal faster!

Oh no - poor you! That's awful - I think I'd go completely nutso if I broke my ankle & couldn't walk.

HNY nonetheless & I will attempt to beam waves of mental healing energy your way to make it heal faster!
I’m nearly going nuts. Luckily, the weather is terrible at the moment so not quite as bad. We’re forecast a nice sunny, crisp day on Monday and I might, if I feel up to it, try and do a couple of miles. I might live to regret it though. I’ll have my ankle stabiliser contraption I was given by the hospital on, and Mr Eggy to lean on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back