VTT Identified Specific Bacteria Which Precede Autoimmune Diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had stomach flu about 15 months before diagnosis and often wondered if there may have been some link.

I had stomach flu about 15 months before diagnosis and often wondered if there may have been some link.

I had a bad stomach virus which ended up giving me DKA! The consultant said that my beta cells were probably already in decline for some time, but the virus probably totally killed the rest off (whether he meant directly or indirectly I'm not sure)

I had chickenpox I think which we assumed triggered my pancreatic suicide.

Not sure if that would have any associated stomach issues.

ROb

I've tried my hardest over a mumber of years since I first read there was a link - to remember when it was I had the gastric flu prior to diagnosis. We got married in April 1971 and I was DX July 1972, having felt ill and iller for approx 6 weeks. I know prior to that I had had to have the doctor out to me at some time for a stomach bug and I was terribly embarassed because we had no carpet and a truly horrid 3 piece suite someone had kindly donated. As if a GP would care. I can still picture her coming to see me that day - but can't remember when.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back