Voluntary recall of Libre 2 sensors from a certain lot no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi. I've just had a libre 2 fitted this morning and twice the alarm has gone saying my levels are below 4, on checking with finger prick i was 5.3 and 6.0 . Confusing stuff ?
It is common to take 24 to 48 hours for Libre (or any CGM) to bed in. Some bodies are not happy having an alien object inserted into their arm.
This is why some of us insert our Libre a day or two before activating.

It is common to take 24 to 48 hours for Libre (or any CGM) to bed in. Some bodies are not happy having an alien object inserted into their arm.
This is why some of us insert our Libre a day or two before activating.
Ahhhh Thankyou, makes sense . Really looking forward to having a little more freedom and less finger pricking LOL

Well 3 times Libre woke me up saying low sugars lol ( more finger pricking than ever ). hopefully it will be settled by tonight.Tired bunny 🙂

Well 3 times Libre woke me up saying low sugars lol ( more finger pricking than ever ). hopefully it will be settled by tonight.Tired bunny 🙂
If your Libre doesn't settle, it is worth contacting Abbott (their 0800 number is on the Libre box and their website) to report a faulty sensor. Unfortunately, it does happen but most of us find most of the sensors are accurate enough and very helpful.

If your Libre doesn't settle, it is worth contacting Abbott (their 0800 number is on the Libre box and their website) to report a faulty sensor. Unfortunately, it does happen but most of us find most of the sensors are accurate enough and very helpful.
I had it fitted at 11 am yesterday so will give it today and see if it settles. On the plus side, i didn't catch it in my sleep so bonus 🙂 .

These may well be compression lows if they are happening whilst you sleep. Unfortunately if you turn over and lie on the arm with the sensor, the pressure placed on the tissue under the sensor causes it to register an erroneous low reading. Gradually you learn to place the sensor in a better position where this doesn't happen and also not to lie on the sensor arm, in the same way as you learn not to roll out of bed, but it takes time. You can usually tell if it is a genuine low or a compression low by looking at the graph. A genuine low will usually be a slow steady decline towards the red line whereas compression lows will show a sudden dip. Obviously don't ignore a low alarm and double check if you think it could possibly be genuine but take into consideration your sleeping position when the alarm wakes you because if you wake up on that side and the graph shows a sudden dip, it is likely a compression low.

These may well be compression lows if they are happening whilst you sleep. Unfortunately if you turn over and lie on the arm with the sensor, the pressure placed on the tissue under the sensor causes it to register an erroneous low reading. Gradually you learn to place the sensor in a better position where this doesn't happen and also not to lie on the sensor arm, in the same way as you learn not to roll out of bed, but it takes time. You can usually tell if it is a genuine low or a compression low by looking at the graph. A genuine low will usually be a slow steady decline towards the red line whereas compression lows will show a sudden dip. Obviously don't ignore a low alarm and double check if you think it could possibly be genuine but take into consideration your sleeping position when the alarm wakes you because if you wake up on that side and the graph shows a sudden dip, it is likely a compression low.
Thankyou . Last night was a peaceful nights sleep with no alarms 🙂 x

Good! I'm sure everything will be fine now. Its always the first 24 hrs that are iffy on a sensor. Also your sleeping self may just need a week or so to remember not to lie on the sensor

That’s good news @JoRicco

Like @rebrascora I wondered about ‘compression lows’ being the cause of your false alarms over night. I try to sleep on the opposite side to my sensor arm, but it’s not easy to stay that way when asleep!

Well i paid the price hahahaha... Just kept going off til 2.30 this morning and yes, i think it was everytime i rolled over .Might buy one of those V pillows , see if it will keep me still LOL . Sadly i have Fibromyalgia so toss and turn alot to get comfy .. Loving getting older !!! ;-). Have a good weekend all xxx

Thank you @everydayupsanddowns ! That explains it. I’ve been having really off readings from my sensor (mmols above what my blood sugar has actually been) and I’ve just checked the Lot number and it’s one of the affected ones! So glad I kept the box and have found out a cause. Thanks again for publicising this.

Appears to relate to false high sensor glucose readings from sensors in lot no KTP005061

More details here: https://www.freestyleconfirm.com/uk-en/home.html
But it seems not all sensors in that lot. I have 2 from that lot, 1 still unopened and 1 that I've been wearing for a week. I put both sensor serial nos into the Abbott website, which told me my sensors were not affected and I could carry on wearing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back