VO2 Max and TD2

Status
Not open for further replies.

harbottle

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I've recently discovered that my Apple watch has been recording a lot of 'health' stats over the years. I generally ignored this stuff, but I've noticed in the last month the 'VO2' has been steadily going up from 'low' through 'below' average and is now 'above average' (Despite walking every day, this has only started happening recently.) I've noticed during this period that BG readings seem to be lower as well and I am feeling a lot more energetic. I've also, ahem, experienced improvements in 'problems of hardness down below.' during this period.

Looking back over the historical data that has been recorded, I can see than in 2019 this metric dropped from high to low...

Other data is resting/walking heart rate - the resting heart rate was high (So high than when I went into the GP surgery last August they made me do an ECG as they were a bit worried! ECG was fine). Around December last year this started to fall and is now pretty 'normal' (It used to be 100 when I was doing nothing.) Looking back at the historical data, I can see the resting heart rate went up in April/May last year, which was when I started to get the leg pains that led to my diagnosis (Pains that went in December last year.)

There's definitely a correlation with these metrics improving and a huge improvement in my health - I spent most of last year permanently on edge and stressed and 'looking like a ghost'.

I'm wondering if they can also pinpoint the time when blood sugar started to get out of control. 2019 was a stressful year with my Mum dying after a long illness, during which time I started to get very sensitive skin and the odd random itch. Then in May last year leg pains that stopped me from sleeping (I was also very stressed at work, and felt weird and 'on edge' all the time)...

All this has now gone.

I know the watch metrics are probably not accurate, but the trends are there and there seems to be some correlation with my general well being at the time.

Any thoughts? I would ask my GP about it but they're interesting in prescribing drugs and I can't stand talking over the phone, as they appear to be unwilling to do face to face appointments anymore.

Apple Watch metrics are pretty good. They’re “officially” calibrated and although they’re not hospital grade they are increasingly used in diagnosis.

It’s not uncommon for a GP to allow linking up Apple Health stats to your medical record. Mine is linked and it saves so much time when they want to check BP or RHR for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back