vitality drink

Status
Not open for further replies.

traceycat

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
just wondering if anyonr drinks those wee vitality drinks.
there on offer in tescos buy 6 get 6 free for ?1 so i bought 2 pks.
theres 10.9 carbohyrates 10.6 is sugar so im not sure if i should drink them or not, is this to much sugar for me. thanks xxx

I must admit I used to drink them regularly but stopped after being diagnosed. They are pretty sugary at over 10g per pot so they might raise your blood sugars quite quickly. Probably best to eat/drink them after a meal, as this will reduce the impact of the sugar. 🙂

I must admit I used to drink them regularly but stopped after being diagnosed. They are pretty sugary at over 10g per pot so they might raise your blood sugars quite quickly. Probably best to eat/drink them after a meal, as this will reduce the impact of the sugar. 🙂

thanks northener, i will try one tomorrow or wedensday with my usal ham sandwhich an see what happens, if i go to high then i will give them a miss in future.

Ooh yes, let us know what happens. I want to start using the ones that lower your cholesterol but they have about the same amount of sugar as the ones you have. Have been wondering what to do.

There was a report a few months ago that said they are basically of no actual benefit (that's all the yoghurty type drinks, not just vitality). A healthy balanced diet should give all the minerals and vitamins needed unless you have a specific deficiency.

But they do taste nice and if you can include them safely into your diet, then they do no harm either ! :D

Rob

ps. the claims about the biotics and pre-biotics were also said to be a waste of money too. We were buying them so I decided to look into it and we haven't bothered since.

Ooh yes, let us know what happens. I want to start using the ones that lower your cholesterol but they have about the same amount of sugar as the ones you have. Have been wondering what to do.

hi flutterby, i will try one tomorrow lunch time, i will test before i eat my lunch which will be either 2 ham sandwhiches or soup an roll which dont normaly do much to my levels, ill take the drink with it an test 1hr then 2hr an see what differance it makes.

I'd be interested too, as I've bought some today for Carol and Fiona to take to school instead of a wildlife fromage frais.

hi flutterby, i will try one tomorrow lunch time, i will test before i eat my lunch which will be either 2 ham sandwhiches or soup an roll which dont normaly do much to my levels, ill take the drink with it an test 1hr then 2hr an see what differance it makes.

You should make us pay for the results!! :D

You should make us pay for the results!! :D

good idea, well before lunch im usaly around 6- 6.1 an i hr later im around 8- 8.3, 2hrs later im almost if not back to 6ish, thats with 2 ham sandwhiches and a coffee with sweetners. what does everyone guess it will be tomorrow with a vitality drink?

Those levels are very good. I'm going to guess 12 an hour later and 9 2 hours later but I know little of type 2 levels so it's simply plucking figures out of the air and knowing what mine would probably do!! I sincerely hope that the numbers are much better for you though.

Those levels are very good. I'm going to guess 12 an hour later and 9 2 hours later but I know little of type 2 levels so it's simply plucking figures out of the air and knowing what mine would probably do!! I sincerely hope that the numbers are much better for you though.

there not always that good, some mornings i will wake up on around 8-9 which is not so good for me. i think it depends on how well ive did the past evening before. im hoping i dont go past a 10 an hr later but i supose it all depends on what my levels are to begin with.

Does anyone use these drinks to treat a night time hypo? If so what did you find?

Richard

The advice I was given was they only do any good after a course of anti biotics or an upset tummy, and then only for a couple of weeks. I use them from time to time but don't feel any better for them excpet they taste nice.

I didn't actually buy them for their probiotic properties, just bought them as they were cheaper than the fromage frais.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back