Vision troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlisonM

Much missed Moderator
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
I've noticed in the mornings sometimes that my eyesight is a bit foggy, it's usually if my BGL has been a bit high the day before*. It clears up after and hour or so. Is this a normal occurrence for Type 2s?

It was 13.4 last night but I put that down to a late attack of the munchies when I had some microwave crisps - I haven't been eating spuds at all recently. I've been hovering in the mid to high sevens otherwise.

If your levels have been a bit high, it will affect your vision. Keep an eye on things and see what makes you peak.

You don't have to give up the humble spud altogther. New potatoes have a lower GI rating than old potatoes.

When going for things like bread and pasta or rice, try for whole meal whole wheat whole grain vareties. They are slower release carbs.

There are a number of people who have no carb or reduced carb diets, so they are better placed to advise.

I've noticed in the mornings sometimes that my eyesight is a bit foggy, it's usually if my BGL has been a bit high the day before*. It clears up after and hour or so. Is this a normal occurrence for Type 2s?

It was 13.4 last night but I put that down to a late attack of the munchies when I had some microwave crisps - I haven't been eating spuds at all recently. I've been hovering in the mid to high sevens otherwise.

Hi Alison , not just an occurrence for Type 2's but also Type 1's I'm affraid :(If you have been running higher levels it does effect your vision , and can take a few weeks to get back to normal . If in doubt always get your vision checked though as an optician can detect even the smallest of changes to your eyes.
I would also avoid snacking on Carbs ! as we all know Carbs =Sugar = higher levels :(

HI ALISON,

yes im afraid my eyes are suffering already i got new specs in may and my left eye had got worse so specs needed to be stronger id just reitrerate what insulinaddict said get them checked at opticians if it continues to bother you

Hi Alison, it should hopefully be a temporary thing when your levels are running above normal. If it persists though, and your levels are good, then do seek help from your doctor or optician.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back