Visceral Fat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny65

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi All

I have just calculated my visceral fat by using my waist measurement, my thigh measurement, weight and height, and age, according to this link I am lean ! (dont look it but it made me smile)

I used this calculator to work it out

My composition scales say my visceral fat was excessive and is now acceptable, but I am trying to learn more about ways to reduce it. I wanted to use my actual body measurements to see if it matched the scales and I guess in a way it did. On my scales it says 10 (was 16) using the calculator it is 21 but then that is measure on a different scale.

I wrote a poem about visceral fat :D

Oh! View with animosity
Visceral adiposity!
One of Nature’s great monstrosities
That must not be ignored!
For central flesh viscosity
With variable velocity
Is such a vile atrocity
You'll wish for it no more!

If your hips are fatter
Than your waist, it doesn’t matter,
But if in your case it’s the latter
Then you need to watch your weight!
If you’ve got a big behind,
Mother Nature has been kind,
And sometimes you will find
That a pear shape trumps an apple any day! 🙂

I love this, do you mind if I share it with my daughter, she is one of the lucky ones a lovely hour glass shape and tiny waist even if she puts on weight, this will make her smile

I love this, do you mind if I share it with my daughter, she is one of the lucky ones a lovely hour glass shape and tiny waist even if she puts on weight, this will make her smile
Of course, Jenny 🙂

I wrote a poem about visceral fat :D

Oh! View with animosity
Visceral adiposity!
One of Nature’s great monstrosities
That must not be ignored!
For central flesh viscosity
With variable velocity
Is such a vile atrocity
You'll wish for it no more!

If your hips are fatter
Than your waist, it doesn’t matter,
But if in your case it’s the latter
Then you need to watch your weight!
If you’ve got a big behind,
Mother Nature has been kind,
And sometimes you will find
That a pear shape trumps an apple any day! 🙂
Bravo!

I lost 20kg and my arse-size didn't change at all, no doubt because it was already just skin & bone.

It's a vestigial arse, and I like to think this is a sign of advanced evolution, like the vestigial appendix.

My arse flesh vanished completely when I lost 3 stone.
Someone at work said, 'oy shift your arse!' when they were trying to get past then quickly added, 'You can't, you don't have one any more.' I did wonder why he was looking at my arse.

Size 32 trousers are too big, but smaller sizes won't go past the bones so I have to wear a belt.

Last edited:
My arse flesh vanished completely when I lost 3 stone.
Someone at work said, 'oy shift your arse!' when they were trying to get back then quickly added, 'You can't, you don't have one any more.' I did wonder why he was looking at my arse.

Size 32 trousers are too big, but smaller sizes won't go past the bones so I have to wear a belt.
I have never had a bum, even when fat. My daughter nicknamed me pancake bum! (better than balloon tum I guess which she could have called me 🙂 )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back