vinegar

Status
Not open for further replies.

s.e london

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
does apple cider vinegar have a good effect on blood sugar level. I have been told it has

Vinegar may have a very minimal beneficial impact for some people. I am not sure it lowers BG as such but it may prevent some foods from spiking so much. For instance, I seem to be able to eat pickled beetroot without too much impact on my levels despite beets being one of the sweeter root vegetables and usually has sugar added during the pickling process. I also add the beetroot pickling juice to water and drink it as I believe it contains valuable micro nutrients without impacting my BG levels. Sometimes I make a sparkling drink out of it with an elderflower and lime sparkling water.
I do think that ACV with "the mother" has benefits for your gut microbiome, so I often have a dash of that in water with a fibre supplement as a morning drink and usually mixed with balsamic because I absolutely love balsamic vinegar.... I always have balsamic as a dressing on salads and a good dash in any tomato based sauces like bolognaise that I make. So I am quite a fan of vinegar in general but if you don't enjoy it then I don't think it is worth persevering with and please don't try drinking it neat as one member's mother used to do because she had been told it was good for her!! 😱

Vinegar can damage tooth enamel, it's worth cleaning your teeth after.

This does seem to come up from time to time.

I’m not sure the effusive claims from some corners of the internet are probably a bit optimistic.

We have a few members who have tried it over the years, but I’m not sure if there is conclusive evidence from there experiences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back