Victoza

Status
Not open for further replies.

suellen

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
type 1 for 41 years on insulin and metformin I have been prescribed victoza for weight loss and better control, I haven't plucked up courage to start yet. Can anybody give me their experiences as I really want to try but feel too scared. I don't have any other complications after all this time and wonder if I should risk upsetting this to lose weight
What do you think?

Hi Sue and welcome to the forum, I was on Victoza some 3 years ago for about a year and it really didnt work for me im now on insulin, I found the weight loss was not forthcoming for me but I know theres other members on here who use so hopefully they will be along with there experience with it.

I only have experience of Victoza as a T2, not on insulin. I have not observed any weight loss or appetite suppression. I notice that Novo Nordisk will not be pursuing Victoza as a treatment for T1 with the FDA after poor results in trials (https://diatribe.org/novo-nordisk-wont-be-pursuing-victoza-type-1-diabetes).
Also, whilst your GP might know more on the subject, according to Novo Nordisk,
Victoza® is not a substitute for insulin and should not be used in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus or diabetic ketoacidosis.[\Quote]

Hi. Can you let us know what your daily intake of carbs typically is? It's possible they are on the high side and if so reducing the carbs may help avoid the need for Victoza?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back