Victoza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flores1980

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone
Apologies if this is not posted in the right place...but my nurse has prescribed me Victoza. Today is the first time I have taken it. I just wondered if anyone else has used it or currently using it? It's basically to maintain my blood sugars but also for weight loss as I'm very overweight for my frame and height. I would really like to touch base with people using this drug...things to expect. I've read some reviews online some people saying it made them so poorly they had to stop it, others saying it was the best thing that has happened to them.

Hi everyone
Apologies if this is not posted in the right place...but my nurse has prescribed me Victoza. Today is the first time I have taken it. I just wondered if anyone else has used it or currently using it? It's basically to maintain my blood sugars but also for weight loss as I'm very overweight for my frame and height. I would really like to touch base with people using this drug...things to expect. I've read some reviews online some people saying it made them so poorly they had to stop it, others saying it was the best thing that has happened to them.
Hi Flores1980, welcome to the forum 🙂 We do have a few members who have used (or are using) Victoza, and as you will have gathered from your own research, some people get on very well with it, others find they don't tolerate it very well - hopefully, it will work well for you! 🙂 I think that for most people the initial side effects are nausea and lack of appetite, but this can often go after you become more accustomed to it. For some people it seems to be only when they increase the dose that the side effects appear. There are similar medications (Byetta, Bydureon) which may work if Voctoza proves unsuitable for you.

I'd suggest using the 'Search' box in the upper right of the main forum page to look for 'Victoza' - this should bring up past threads and people's experiences. Good luck with it, please let us know how you get on with it! 🙂

p.s. I'll move this to the General Messageboard, where it may be seen by more people 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back