Victoza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shacy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi, new to forum, have just joined.
I have type 2 since 2009 now taking 1000 mg metformin twice a day, 30 mg glicazide twice a day and 1.2 mg of victoza once per day. For some reason my well controlled diabetes went out of control last year and the above is the result, it's still not too good I eat very little carbs some protein but have a bad relationship with food and spend days just eating fruitt and fibre breakfast cereal. Any positive help anyone can give would be very much appreciated. I an currently going through a very fast heart rate and fainting episodes, my blood pressure is too low too high and docs not very helpful has anybody had anything like this? Thank you

Welcome to the forum, Shacy. You're right that you're taking a fair bit of medication, but that's what you need, then it's right for you.

You mention not eating much carbohydrate, but eating lots of fruit and breakfast cereals. Many fruits and breakfast cereals have pretty high carbohydrate contents, although berries and currants tend to be lower than other fruits.

Do your fast heart rate and fainting episodes correlate with high blood sugar levels? You'll only know if you can check your own blood glucose levels, so if you haven't already done so, then it's worth discussing self checking blood glucose levels with your GP, and ask them to prescribe the required meter, strips and lancets. Also, do you check your own blood pressure with a meter at home to see if certain times of day, events etc raise BP.

It sounds like you need to get on top of things a bit, and discovering how things affect you would be a good first step.

As well as food, reducing / maintaing body weight and increasing physical activity levels are important for regulating blood glucose as well as heart health [lower salt intake can reduce blood pressure]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back