Victoza

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabia64

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I was on bydureon for 6m never did anything for me. Dr changed to Victoza on 0.6 right now with insulin 24u of novolog 70/30 in am and 20u at dinner last night before bed I was 77 so had a snack went up to 99 and woke up with 104 never had such a low morning number ever before insulin morning numbers where 170 to 225. I am to start 1.2 next week. Seems like I need to lower the insulin maybe I need to call the Endo. Is there anyone taking Victoza and insulin?

Well I am new here And from USA Florida so as far as numbers go mg/dl my fasting today was 112 I not good all with numbers like 7.5

Welcome Sabia. Yes, I'm currently on Humulin I and 1.2 ml Victoza daily. Have been for almost a year and find it works very well for me. My numbers usually hover in the 5s and 6s, don't know what that is in mmol, sorry but it's pretty good. I am prone to hypos though, especially at night so I often need a small snack at bedtime.

The only way I find that works is to keep a close eye on my numbers and adjust my insulin accordingly. It might work a little differently for you as a T2, but I suggest you try it for a month or two and see what happens. We have a few T2 members on Victoza though and perhaps they'll have a better idea.

Hi sabia, welcome to the forum 🙂 It does look as though a reduction in insulin might be appropriate. We do have members on both insulin and Victoza who are able to manage their levels well on the combination, so hopefully someone will be along to share their own experiences 🙂

Welcome to the forum, Sabia.

Please bear with us, as this is a UK based site, so we're more familiar with mmol/L rather than md/dL as units of capillary blood glucose levels. HbA1c units are changing over from % to international standard mmol/mol.

Novolog 70/30 is a mixed insulin, so less easy to adjust than basal bolus regime (long acting once or twice a day, plus short acting with meals). So, yes, a call to your Endocrinologist is definitely a good idea, so that you can work out strategy for insulin and Victoza doses; perhaps even a change in insulin regime.

Copepod thank,you for your reply. I from it interesting about the a1c with the change from percent to mmol/mol. I am a lab tech I have not heard anything about that so it must not be a change in the USA

Well, the USA is holding to imperial measures in general life more strongly than most... As long as you always type units as well as numbers, people will understand or at least be able to convert - the problem comes when there's just a number, and value is different but plausible in both units eg distances in miles or km.

Info about change here (from UK perspective) http://www.diabetes.org.uk/hba1c

You could follow up IFCC lead.

Welcome Sabia. Yes, I'm currently on Humulin I and 1.2 ml Victoza daily. Have been for almost a year and find it works very well for me. My numbers usually hover in the 5s and 6s, don't know what that is in mmol, sorry but it's pretty good. I am prone to hypos though, especially at night so I often need a small snack at bedtime.

The only way I find that works is to keep a close eye on my numbers and adjust my insulin accordingly. It might work a little differently for you as a T2, but I suggest you try it for a month or two and see what happens. We have a few T2 members on Victoza though and perhaps they'll have a better idea.

In Spain we use mg/dl too. Just times the mmol figure by 18. So 6 e.g is 108. Never been good at maths, but know my 18 times table perfectly, even in hypo mode! 🙄

abdominal pain with voctoza

On 0.6 for 11 days and have abdominal pain around say 5:00pm take victoza in am and will not ease up 😡

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back