Victoza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, Victoza and Humulin I. How are you getting on with it?

I'm on Victoza and Levemir, no real problems other than large bruises and lumps round my waist where I inject. You should not that you shouldn't inject both in the same part of the body (just not tested I think). I am on 60 units of insulin twice a day so not surprising I get lumps, the victoza doesn't cause lumps.
I have noticed that the Victoza will produce a rapid drop in BG level soon after injection.

The way it was explained to me Victoza is supposed to persuade your body to produce insulin, but only when it's needed. Unlike things such as Gliclazide that trigger 'constant' insulin production, at least while the drug is in your system. According to the consultant. the rationale for me was that my body will cease producing insulin at some point fairly soon and the Victoza should help delay that point by not stimulating me to produce too much. Which doesn't confuses me as I already need to top up with insulin as I don't produce enough on my own anyway.

Confused? I certainly am, but it's working for now so I'm not going to complain... much.

Vic, the only thing I can suggest is that you divide the doses further and maybe do two lots of 30u in different locations. I do that and don't seem to get any lumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back