Victoza timing help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauraw1983

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all

Sorry not been about too much - I felt hideous on the Byetta, could not continue it any longer so saw the DSN last week and they agreed I could try Victoza instead as apparently less of the sickness side effects (I was being sick after most meals, and was making me not want to eat)

I'm STILL waiting for the anti-GAD and c-peptide test results to come back which is annoying (now been told it was be UP TO 6 weeks and not the 2-3 I was originally told about, grr) so still in limbo...

HOWEVER, I took the Victoza for the first time last night (about 9.30pm) and oh my goodness me.....was SO nauseous and then sick again this morning.

The time from stopping the Byetta to starting this, those few days I had started to feel more normal again and now back to this. :confused:

The only thing I fancied later this morning after being sick was rice krispies, so had those and they have stayed down (just a small amount), am cautiously thinking about lunch but unsure....I am off so many foods, which makes it hard to choose wisely etc when I can't face certain things!!

Those of you who have been/are on Victoza - how did you find your first doses etc? When did you take the injection? I am wondering if bringing it forward to nearer maybe 6/7pm would help with the effects I felt this morning?

At this precise moment I am scared to even take it again tonight, so so fed up with feeling sick and exhausted with it - it's so debilitating. At this rate I'd probably prefer insulin, never thought I'd hear myself say that! 🙄

Any thoughts/info/advice........? Thanks in advance again.

Hi all

Sorry not been about too much - I felt hideous on the Byetta, could not continue it any longer so saw the DSN last week and they agreed I could try Victoza instead as apparently less of the sickness side effects (I was being sick after most meals, and was making me not want to eat)

I'm STILL waiting for the anti-GAD and c-peptide test results to come back which is annoying (now been told it was be UP TO 6 weeks and not the 2-3 I was originally told about, grr) so still in limbo...

HOWEVER, I took the Victoza for the first time last night (about 9.30pm) and oh my goodness me.....was SO nauseous and then sick again this morning.

The time from stopping the Byetta to starting this, those few days I had started to feel more normal again and now back to this. :confused:

The only thing I fancied later this morning after being sick was rice krispies, so had those and they have stayed down (just a small amount), am cautiously thinking about lunch but unsure....I am off so many foods, which makes it hard to choose wisely etc when I can't face certain things!!

Those of you who have been/are on Victoza - how did you find your first doses etc? When did you take the injection? I am wondering if bringing it forward to nearer maybe 6/7pm would help with the effects I felt this morning?

At this precise moment I am scared to even take it again tonight, so so fed up with feeling sick and exhausted with it - it's so debilitating. At this rate I'd probably prefer insulin, never thought I'd hear myself say that! 🙄

Any thoughts/info/advice........? Thanks in advance again.

Hiya,
I had Byetta back when docs thought I was type 2 and it did make me feel sick at first and then it wore off after a while... don't know how long you've had but maybe it will wear off for you too? I also lost 4 stone when on it, so would LOVE to be able to have it again!!

Hiya,
I had Byetta back when docs thought I was type 2 and it did make me feel sick at first and then it wore off after a while... don't know how long you've had but maybe it will wear off for you too? I also lost 4 stone when on it, so would LOVE to be able to have it again!!

I was on it about 3 weeks? Cant remember exactly but something like that. I wasn't just feeling sick, I was being sick most of the time - it's no way to live like that, it was exhausting and just not possible for me to continue as normal, it's really disrupted my work for example. :( and I have two little ones aged 2 and 5 and could not be a proper parent to them either. Not good.

I have lost some lb's but whether that's through not being able to keep food down or the Byetta...who knows. 😱

The DSN agreed some people just can't tolerate it & I couldn't go on like that, hence switching to Victoza. But today's experience has made me not want to take it tonight.

Do you mind if I ask, was it an anti-GAD test that proved you were a Type 1 and not a Type 2? Why were you misdiagnosed at the start?

Laura hi I was on Victoza until recently and was taken off it as i lost weight and went back to diet and exercise, i was also on byetta which gave me no nausea at all but the victoza did i was started on the 0.6 then upped t the biggest dose think its 1.8? cant remember and i was so bad i had a really bad tummy and was then put back to the lowest dose but my nausea still continued no matter what I did, I even got to the point where i skipped doses cause I felt so bad.I used to take it at 6 o clock every night as that was perfect when fitting it into my routine.Feel free to message me if you need anymore help,Vicsetter who is a member here also takes victoza

Sorry can't help, no nausea or ill effects whatsoever. I inject early evening.

I was on it about 3 weeks? Cant remember exactly but something like that. I wasn't just feeling sick, I was being sick most of the time - it's no way to live like that, it was exhausting and just not possible for me to continue as normal, it's really disrupted my work for example. :( and I have two little ones aged 2 and 5 and could not be a proper parent to them either. Not good.

I have lost some lb's but whether that's through not being able to keep food down or the Byetta...who knows. 😱

The DSN agreed some people just can't tolerate it & I couldn't go on like that, hence switching to Victoza. But today's experience has made me not want to take it tonight.

Do you mind if I ask, was it an anti-GAD test that proved you were a Type 1 and not a Type 2? Why were you misdiagnosed at the start?

Hiya,
Sorry for the delay! Well when I was diagnosed I was just told I was type 2, didn't know much about it and assumed they knew all they needed. Then when I was rushed to hospital last year with DKA they did another test, I think it's the anti-GAD one and said I was way over the scale so no way I could be type 2. But interestingly the latest consultant I've seen still thinks I could be type 2 so goodness only knows! I asked if I could have Byetta again then and he said it's not licensed in our area to have with insulin. I've always had such a weight battle I really hope it becomes licensed!!
I wish I could remember how long I was feeling rough on the byetta for, I don't think it was any longer than a month, but I also don't think I was actually sick.
How have you got on with Victoza? Hope you're not still being sick :(
xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back