Victoza side effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubmandy

Hi. I've recently started on Victoza and am having flu like symptoms which I understand is quite common. Can anyone tell me how long this might last please?

Hi. I've recently started on Victoza and am having flu like symptoms which I understand is quite common. Can anyone tell me how long this might last please?

Hi Mandy...I have no experience of Victoza...however...I have a friend using it who had similar problems...her side effects included nausea...cold symptoms...stuffy nose...sneezing...tiredness...sinus pain & a sore throat...these are quite common side effects from Victoza...what dosage are you on...were you advised to start with a low dose...then gradually increase it...this way some of side effects can be reduced...are you using any other medication...my friend managed to tough it out for a couple of weeks...gradually the problems diminished... although that may not work for everyone...it would be wise to have a word with your GP...or DSN...get some advice if the problem continues...or exacerbates...there are some rarer side effects to watch our for where you would need to get urgent medical assistance...check the information leaflet that came with your medication for those...that will be your best guide...if I were you... I would have a word with your care team...never does any harm to have a second opinion...I'm sure they would have no objection...and it will set your mind at rest...good luck...let us know how you fare.

Many thanks for your reply. I only started this on Monday starting on 0.6mg per day for the first week then increasing to 1.2mg. I am also taking 2000mg Metformin, 240mg Gliclazide, 10mg Atorvastatin & 2.5mg Ramapril per day. I will tough it out for a bit longer & will get in touch with my healthcare team if it doesn't settle down. At least it's not making me feel sick! Thanks once again.

Many thanks for your reply. I only started this on Monday starting on 0.6mg per day for the first week then increasing to 1.2mg. I am also taking 2000mg Metformin, 240mg Gliclazide, 10mg Atorvastatin & 2.5mg Ramapril per day. I will tough it out for a bit longer & will get in touch with my healthcare team if it doesn't settle down. At least it's not making me feel sick! Thanks once again.
You're welcome MD...unfortunately you can also suffer some side effects from Metformin...I take that...when I started had the usual digestive problems and everything associated with that...after a couple of weeks that subsided...settled down...I also took Ramipril for high blood pressure...fortunately managed to come off that in January this year....if any of your symptoms continue...cause you real difficulties...there are alternatives you could ask for...just wondering when you were diagnosed...how that came about...was it an HbA1c test...a lot of questions there...but...if you could give us a little more information...it would help members offer the right suggestions/support when/if needed...don't worry about asking your GP or DSN for advice at any time...their job...good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back