victoza lnjections

Status
Not open for further replies.

elaineanne

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have been having a bad reaction to the 1.2 doze of victoza. I have been on the 0.6 doze, now the doctor has told me to go back on this 1.2 doze again, which gives me a thumping headache feel sick. I am sure it is affecting my blood pressure. I have come of this higher doze again and go back on the 0.6 doze. The doctor told me if this happened again he would put me on a tablet to take with the 0.6 doze. These are newish tablets. Has anyone else had any of these bad reactions.

Hi elaineanne, welcome to the forum 🙂 I'm sorry to hear you are having a bad reaction to the increased dose of Victoza - some people do, unfortunately, after coping well with the lower dose. I'm not sure what tablet the doctor is suggesting, but there are many 'combination' therapies they can use to hopefully achieve the same results of helping you to get your levels under control 🙂

It's worth mentioning also that some people who don't get on well with Victoza sometimes tolerate a similar medication, Byetta, much better (and vice versa). There's also another similar medication called Bydureon, which is injected once a week - you might wish to ask your doctor about this 🙂

I have been having a bad reaction to the 1.2 doze of victoza. I have been on the 0.6 doze, now the doctor has told me to go back on this 1.2 doze again, which gives me a thumping headache feel sick. I am sure it is affecting my blood pressure. I have come of this higher doze again and go back on the 0.6 doze. The doctor told me if this happened again he would put me on a tablet to take with the 0.6 doze. These are newish tablets. Has anyone else had any of these bad reactions.

It can make me feel sick too, especially if I don't have something to eat pretty quickly after the jab. Have you been doing that? I find it reduces the reaction considerably.

I also have Cyclizine for nausea and vertigo and that helps a lot. I'm reluctant to give it up though as it's the only one I've had that works and I do need something even though I'm not T2 as I have a problem with insulin resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back