Victoza issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanya934

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Has anyone else experienced side effects with Victoza? I have been on it and ended up in A&E with suspected Pancreatitis. I came off it for a month and was then told by the diabetic nurse to retry it, last week, as they felt that the pains were coincidental.
Since then the side effects have come back faster so I am taking myself off the drug.
Trulicity had fewer side effects but did not lower my blood sugars as well as the 3 tablets.

I don't have any personal experience of victoza, but looking at the patient information leaflet pancreatitis is one of the rare side effects.

You need to go back to your GP/consultant I think.

Hi. Can I guess that you may be taking Victoza to help with weight loss? I gather it does have side effects and if you can resolve the possible weight problem any other way it will help. Do you mind me asking whether you are having the best diet as a diabetic i.e. low carb/higher fat? There is so much bad diet advice given by the NHS its always worth checking the advice you have been given. Apologies if I have guessed wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back