Victoza and Dawn Phenomenon or Dawn Effect

How-Lo-Can-I-Go

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi there,

Finally have Victoza working for me! My problem has always been the "Dawn Effect". I am an experimenter, so I decided to inject Victoza in the wee hours of the morning (2:00 AM - 3:30 AM). Well, it solved my problem. I was registering 150 mg/dl and now 100-120 mg/dl just by making a timing change. I have always taken 1.8 units of Victoza, so no change there. I have decreased metformin about 3 months ago to 1,000 mg daily and still had bowel issues, but am cutting it into 4ths. I take a 1/4 tablet at lunch, 1/4 mid afternoon, 1/4 at dinner, 1/4 at bedtime. That seems to have solved that problem. I also introduced Berberine a few months ago and take 500mg at lunchtime and dinnertime. I went healthy keto 8 months ago and lost 40+ pounds between Oct and Dec. No weight loss since then, but no weight gain either. I only eat lunch and dinner now without snacks. Eight months ago I was on 90 units of Levemir, 15-20 units of Novolog, 4 mg of Glimepiride, but all those are now done and over with!!!!! Hope this information can help someone. Now weigh 204-206 pounds and at 5'9.5". All the best!

Back