Very pleased

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetsatin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just been to see my ds, she is very pleased with my diabetes.
Since being diagnosed last Aprilmy is1 HBA1C was 8. 3 months later 6, 2 months later 5.3 so well chuffed
The thing that she was concerned about was my weight, i started at 14 st in April & now down to 9st 2 That was only acheived through eating regular & cuttng iout the chocolate & odd cake & certain bread. nothing else.
The ds was not too pleased said i need to be around 9st.12 😱
I like the way i am & very proud of what i have acheived.
Just waiting to go on my expert course now :D
Talk about bursting my bubble lol.

That is a great result, fantastic.

However I am absolutely appalled at their care of you re your weight. You need to be congratulated big time. I am immensely jealous. I bet they have never had to lose weight, it is damned hard so well done and quite frankly what is 10lb between friends. 🙂

Wow thats great work you have every right to be so proud , if your proud then thats all that matters to many of us try and please our gps etc when really its all about us , you go girl your definetly going the right way, Im astounded the DSN said she is nto happy with your weight and that you should be 10 lb heavier then what you are 😱.

You know at the minute im doing the x-pert course so i will keep the thread up to date each week sweet so you can see how its going xx

Wow! What an achievment - well done!!! Doctors and nurses are never happy with our weight are they? My last doctor said I needed to lose weight, even though I've never been overweight. If you are happy at your current weight and can maintain it on a healthy diet then that's the weight you should be!

Brilliant! I am sooooo impressed!🙂

Thank you ladies
Yes i'm pleased & we do it for our benefit & health not theirs!

Brilliant news, well done. If you are happy and healthy with your weight, then good for you. Wish I could get down to 10 stone, and that is heavier than I should be. You have every right to be pleased with yourself.

Some of the comments made by DSNs about weight are quite odd! Mine told me that although my BMI is below 25 (just) that am overweight because my waist is 1" over her recommended maximum. I told her I was allowed it because I am over 6' tall!

Some of the comments made by DSNs about weight are quite odd! Mine told me that although my BMI is below 25 (just) that am overweight because my waist is 1" over her recommended maximum. I told her I was allowed it because I am over 6' tall!

Yes, that waist thing is a bit silly too, should be more about waist to hip ratio than pure waist size.

well done Sweet!!! very good stuff !!! you deserve a little treat !🙂

Well done you. I have a long way to go before I get to my ideal weight and my doctor isn't particularly supportive of my efforts so far. All she says is "you must do better". But frankly, I don't care what she says, it's coming off slowly and it's going to stay off. I've done fast diets before and the weight just goes straight back on again. Better to go slow and steady.

I think you've done really well and deserve praise, not criticism. So I say again, well done.

I seem to remember a while ago on Breakfast or GMTV (I can't remember which) they did a thing about BMI etc. and had a serious athlete on who was extremely fit beacuse of all his training (I have half a notion he was an olympic rower or something) , but was officially obese from his BMI etc!

Sorry Sweetsatin, I forgot to say congratulations a minute ago. 😱 😱 😱

Just been to see my ds, she is very pleased with my diabetes.
Since being diagnosed last Aprilmy is1 HBA1C was 8. 3 months later 6, 2 months later 5.3 so well chuffed
The thing that she was concerned about was my weight, i started at 14 st in April & now down to 9st 2 That was only acheived through eating regular & cuttng iout the chocolate & odd cake & certain bread. nothing else.
The ds was not too pleased said i need to be around 9st.12 😱
I like the way i am & very proud of what i have acheived.
Just waiting to go on my expert course now :D
Talk about bursting my bubble lol.

Dear sweetsatin,

What a fabulous result - well done you are now a member of the 5% club!! :D

Warmest Regards Dodger

That is so amazing sweet satin! And like adrienne, i'm very jealous of the weight loss :D Wish I had your motivation. Don't worry about what the doctor said, sometimes they are wrong 😉 xx

Excellent results. You should be very positive and proud of what you have achieved.
🙂
Ken

Thank you ladies
Yes i'm pleased & we do it for our benefit & health not theirs!

Sweetsatin, I had a similar response from my doctor who told me that I did not need to lose any more weight having dropped from 12 st 10 to 9 st 10. When I queried this as I still have very obvious excess for my frame, he explained that there would be no additional health benefits as I was nowwithin the BMI healthy range so there was no further "medical" need. My response was - "Yes but it is now my vanity at stake!" (I can certainly still "pinch more than an inch"). He was then quite happy that I could continue to lose weight as I wasn't struggling to diet and was very encouraging

Currently doing the OU course on "Challenging Obesity". BMI was never originally meant for individuals but aimed at populations. However, despite the odd athlete with huge muscles, it works as an indicator for most people as to whether or not "fat" is a real issue especially if linked with bulging waistline.

Great stuff Sweetsatin - Well done!!!! Keep up the good work.

Best wishes - John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back