Very low overnight readings Dexcom One+

Netnerd

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Does anyone else get very low (Below 4) overnight readings using the Dexcom One +, my sensor is connected also to my teenage boys phone and when he see's very low reading he wakes me up to check I am still alive and kicking at 3-4am.

Do you check the low readings with a finger prick? If you are lying on the sensor while you are sleeping this can cause a compression low, i.e. the sensor reads lower than it should because you are leaning on it. So you might not actually be low. This can happen with all CGM sensors, it’s not specific to Dexcom.
Are you on insulin?

Do you check the low readings with a finger prick? If you are lying on the sensor while you are sleeping this can cause a compression low, i.e. the sensor reads lower than it should because you are leaning on it.
It's also apparently quite normal for non-diabetics to go below 4 early in the morning.

Do you check the low readings with a finger prick? If you are lying on the sensor while you are sleeping this can cause a compression low, i.e. the sensor reads lower than it should because you are leaning on it. So you might not actually be low. This can happen with all CGM sensors, it’s not specific to Dexcom.
Are you on insulin?
Hello, I am taking Metformin, Gliclazide, Jardiance and was taking Victoza which became unavailable and they told me to wait a few months and then come back to be put on insulin. I did not do a finger prick test as I am so groggy when he wakes me up, but I will do so the next time.

It's also apparently quite normal for non-diabetics to go below 4 early in the morning.
I never knew this, thank you. I am new to CGM and therefore never done readings in the very early hours of the morning, so this came as a surprise.

Hello, I am taking Metformin, Gliclazide, Jardiance and was taking Victoza which became unavailable and they told me to wait a few months and then come back to be put on insulin. I did not do a finger prick test as I am so groggy when he wakes me up, but I will do so the next time.
I’m not sure if any of those can cause hypos, but definitely worth finding out whether you are actually low or if it’s just the sensor not liking being squashed! If you are actually low (depending by how much) then might be worth speaking to your medical team about whether a medication adjustment is necessary.

I’m not sure if any of those can cause hypos, but definitely worth finding out whether you are actually low or if it’s just the sensor not liking being squashed! If you are actually low (depending by how much) then might be worth speaking to your medical team about whether a medication adjustment is necessary.
I plan to book a Hn HBA1C first thing Monday and a follow-up with the diabetes nurse a couple of days after. Thank you for your responses.

Does anyone else get very low (Below 4) overnight readings using the Dexcom One +, my sensor is connected also to my teenage boys phone and when he see's very low reading he wakes me up to check I am still alive and kicking at 3-4am.
Hi @Netnerd, glad to see you have already got plans for a Hba1c test next week
when you speak to your DSN make sure they are aware you have been having some night time lows
I wasn’t concerned about mine myself (although didn’t help my anxiety) before I was using CGM I always woke myself up by the time I had dropped to between 3.7-3.4
once I made my GP aware he made my DSN aware (that I had 3 night time lows of 3.7) immediately he got my DSN involved
are you self funding the Dexcom yourself or are you lucky enough to receive them on prescription?

Back