Very low bloods at moment, unusual for me,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenetik2023

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi, new poster here, type 2,

very low bloods at moment, unusual for me,

bit worried about my bloods in mornings they have been as low as 6.4 after fasting when mostly it is at least 11 or 12 frequently about 18/20 but now when after eating in eveing 1. 30 mins ago it is 6.5 which is crazy for me, I have been very light headed and very low mood recently I have M.E and do have these frequetly, I get lots of bugs but when I have a bug/virus bloods go through roof, its the drop that concerns me more than the range. I am also feeling very hot and sweaty but temp was OK, would appreciate quick reply if you can as don't want to ring 111 thanks

You are taking quite a lot of medication, gliclazide and dapafligozin both can cause low blood glucose. 6.5mmol/l is not actually low but is perhaps low for you as you have been accustomed to higher levels and the light headedness is because your body is thinking it is low.
If you have not been taking all the medications for long then it could be they are just kicking in and doing what they are meant to do.

thanks, been taking them all for many years , its the drop worried about nearly by half

There is no reason i can see for such a drop, they want me to take even more medicine!

are there side effects with these 3 drugs, with very long term use etc?

thanks, been taking them all for many years , its the drop worried about nearly by half

There is no reason i can see for such a drop, they want me to take even more medicine!

are there side effects with these 3 drugs, with very long term use etc?
What dietary measure are you taking in addition to the medication, if all that is not working then the next step would likely be insulin.
Have you done any before and 2 hours after meal testing to see if there are any problem high carb foods which you should be avoiding or cutting down on.
Keep an eye on what is happening over the next few days to see if it is consistant.

Hi, seem to have gone to 'normal' now, and some 'good news', my HbA1c, has gone down from 82 to 62, not sure why, not doing anything different.

Hi, seem to have gone to 'normal' now, and some 'good news', my HbA1c, has gone down from 82 to 62, not sure why, not doing anything different.
I would guess HbA1c has gone down because the medication has helped that fasting blood glucose to drop therefore your "average" blood glucose is lower.

By "gone to 'normal'" do you mean you still have the lower fasting levels, but it now feels normal to you? If so, that's good/expected because it shows your body has adjusted to your blood glucose being at normal levels again. If you mean your fasting blood glucose has gone back up then I would suggest asking your surgery for a review and some advice

The latter, back to about 14 after meals 2 hrs, nurse was very pleased with the new HbAc1, and now ready for my planned much delated operation.

The latter, back to about 14 after meals 2 hrs, nurse was very pleased with the new HbAc1, and now ready for my planned much delated operation.
I expect she was pleased on your HbA1C reduction but that is still a pretty high 2 hour post meal blood glucose level.

Personally I would be more concerned about regular levels of 14 than regular levels in the 6s. Lower BG levels will put you at less risk o infection after your operation and enable your body to heal quicker, so I would be looking at adjusting your diet a bit if you are regularly getting 14s after meals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back