Very impressed with Animas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomange

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I was changing the battery on my pump today, when I noticed that the battery cap didn't seem to be screwing in properly. When I took a closer look at the pump, I noticed that the 'O' ring around the cap had cracked, and that there was actually a small crack in the pump casing around the battery cap. 😱

After a small panic attack, I screwed the battery cap in carefully, and checked that the pump was doing it's thing ok, and then called Animas, to see what I should do. I was put through to the US centre (I think they deal with all technical problems first off), who then got someone in the UK centre to call me back. They called me back within five minutes, and they're couriering me a new pump tomorrow! :D The woman was really lovely over the phone, didn't even ask about what had happened, just said they'd get one sorted out straight away and made sure I had a back up plan in case of pump failure, and recommended that I consider using that overnight.

Very impressed with their customer service! I wasn't expecting anything to happen before Monday at the earliest, I just wanted to let them know what had happened and get some advice, so I was rather pleased with how efficient they are! :D

Excellent!!!

Will this one be named Chuck Mark 2?

I guess there is a fear that with the crack then water can get in making it a lot harder to repair? Good work from animas!

How are you? Was thinking of you the other day- you arent on so much. Hope everythign is? xx

that is good service , it certainly makes all the difference 🙂

wow, sounds like a great bunch of guys. Much much better than the constant let downs from Roche!

It turned up at 8.30 on Saturday morning, which meant I didn't even have to wait in all day for it! I have named him Chuck 2, ignoring the protests from my fianc? who's says I can't do that because this one isn't Chuck anymore. 😛

Excellent!!!

Will this one be named Chuck Mark 2?

I guess there is a fear that with the crack then water can get in making it a lot harder to repair? Good work from animas!

How are you? Was thinking of you the other day- you arent on so much. Hope everythign is? xx

The woman from Animas said that their concern was actually the pump losing power die to the battery cap losing it's connection to the battery or falling out completely because of where the crack was, so they weren't taking any chances!

And I'm good, just had a bit of a hectic time offline at the moment - moved house and finished my PhD so I've been lurking a lot more than usual! It's all calmed down now, so hopefully I'll be around a bit more. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back