Very fortunate with NHS podiatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJLang

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have a ingrown toe nail which is hurting my toe. When this has happened before I've needed antibiotics but I'm already on them because of the cellulitis. The podiatrist has alwaya had to cut out shards of nail that have broken off.
I don't want the toe nail removed because my feet are slow healing and I don't want to take risks with a full toe nail removal.

Anyhow last time I went to the NHS Diabetic and High Risk clinic was November 2021. For some reason I now thought that because of all of the NHS problems they wouldn't deal with self referrals. But I phoned them yesterday about my toe. Explained what was going on and they went through every rota so they could find me a slot on Thursday morning. I'm so grateful to them.

I’ve had on and off problems with ingrowing toenails for years but since I was diagnosed, I got myself a proper chiropodist. It’s made the world of difference so you have done the right thing seeing a podiatrist.

Between the chiropodist and the manicurist, my feet have never been so good :rofl:

I had an infected toe which was incredibly painful, so went to our 'walk in' centre as the GP nurse was on holiday, it was dressed and checked by them after 3 days, they said it was fine but I felt not so ended up at my GP and had antibiotics which did the trick. I just felt rather cross that the walk in centre had not given me them in the first place rather than suffering 2 more weeks of pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back