Very dry skin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carynb

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
J has always had quite dry skin but it's got much worse since he's had Diabetes- does anyone else have same problem or am I just imagining it's related to Diabetes??!!!:confused:

I've just got some Diprobase and Aveeno from GP so that should help.

C 🙂

Think the diabetes has a small part to play, but not in all cases. I have had dry skin since my early teens and pre diabetes. Do you also have to make sure J uses a good sunscreen in the summer too?

The advice given to me over the years is to keep moisturised and drink plenty of water.

I use E45 or as it used to be Barrier Cream before and after undertaking any work with my hands, it's something I've always done before diabetes, but I notice I do it at other times now when my skin dries out.

My face also becomes much drier, mainly my nose and cheeks, so again some cream just to ease it. Be careful with exposed cream to make sure it's rubbed in properly when going out in cold winds and also don't apply it to cold skin as soon as you come in - in my experience it can sting.

Other than that I don't really suffer from dry skin too much.

I suffer from dry skin, using diprobase at the moment.
When blood sugars are high we become dehydrated and that can cause the skin to be drier.

I have Diprobase as well which I use at night, I also have a whole load of body butters from the Boots extracts range that I use during the day. I love the rosehip one, and the nectarine one, and the avocado one, and...

One thing I would suggest is not to use hard soap, but liquid soap and not to have the bath or shower too hot as both can make things worse. Use a moisturising body wash instead.

Last edited:
I wondered about this too. F's skin on her hands is dry now, and never used to be. I put it down to her having to wash her hands so often for her finger pricks. She has some E45 from the doctor, which is helping a bit.

my skin is very dry too, i moisturise every night (well if i can be bothered) lol

Wow, you learn something new everyday!! I too have suffered from really dry skin since being diagnosed - mostly my hands and my feet. I also thought that the hands were due to washing them more often before testing..

Anything else I've got to look forward too?!!! 🙄🙄

Karina :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back