very bad back

Status
Not open for further replies.

am64

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
as you know i have started work full time and all is great but my back has been chronic ...Right Hand Side on hip into spine ...today by the time i got home it was so bad i was in tears and took painkillers massage with oilbas oil hot bath etc ...im fine now... going to get some deep heat spray tommorrow ..thing is i am now on my feet 8hrs at work i rarely sit down... its a huge change ...my step son who also working in retail has reassured me that it will get better ...but has anyone else had this experience when they've gone back to work? anyone know of any exercises that will make it stronger ?
To be honest im sure i will just get stronger and its doing me good 🙂

I worked in a shop 12 years ago and had moderate problems with my back, it went away in time as my muscles got stronger.

Maybe your doctor can get you some physiotherapy? Many people say things like yoga helps. I find tai chi helps too.

I hope you feel better soon

I'd definitely recommend visiting GP and asking for referral to physiotherapy. However, if waiting list is very long, it might be worth considering finding private physio treatment. Many years ago, I had a couple of episodes of back pain (related to not sleeping well, not lying down for long enough in each 24 hours), so when I returned to UK, I saw GP, who gave me prescription for ibuprofen (I think at the time the prescription cost meant I spent less than buying them would have cost; didn't have diabetes / free prescriptions then), but waiting list for physio was months long, so I went to a physio turned osteopath who I'd met at a talk about complementary therapies. I spent around ?30 (early 1990s) on a few sessions, which sorted out back pain, and also taught me some exercises to improve muscle strength in lower back, which meant I could nip any episodes since then in the bud. I wouldn't want to learn back exercises except in person, when a skilled physio / osteopath can show / feel excatly what to do. They can also recommend a whole lifestyle approach eg walking, swimming etc may reduce problems caused by excessive standing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back