Vertigo and ‘hypo’

Leigh1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Firstly just need to say having type 2 diabetes and using insulin I feel gaslit from all corners very often.
I experience hypo symptoms from about 4.5. Since wearing a CGM (which I’ve explored all the flaws but in general it’s been incredibly helpful for me) I was having at least one drop below 4 each night leaving me feeling awful in mornings without understanding why before CGM. I’ve adjusted my long acting and dealing with any drops at night and been doing very well. Last night my signal loss alarm was switched off and I missed a hypo only to wake with vertigo. Vertigo is a usual symptom for me but it’s not on any symptom list. Does anyone else experience vertigo? And how long does it take to recover from night time ’hypos’ ?
Some days it’s like I’ve been unplugged from my power source.

Sorry to hear about the difficult time you’ve been having @Leigh

And especially about the feelings of being gaslit about your insulin use :(

Glad to hear you’ve found CGM helpful - it certainly is a revelation to see what goes on ‘between the dots’, and especially overnight 🙂

When on MDI, and before CGM I had several years of unpredictable overnight hypos that I really didn’t manage well looking back. From my perspective they were relatively rare - but I can now see how insidious (and relatively frequent!) they eventually became.

And yes, that ‘hypo hangover’ feeling is something I’m glad to be rid of.

Back