Verrucas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heidi

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Ross has a couple of verrucas on his toe - I shall speak to the DNS on Tuesday (with a long list of queries!) but before then does anyone know what Diabetics should do about these? Do you continue on with the normal treatment? Is there a particular protocol to be followed?

Heidi
x

If they are causing pain or discomfort, then ask for referral to a chiropodist / podiatrist. If they're not causing any problems, then just leave, as most warts and verrucas disappear on their own within a few months to 1 or 2 years.

Thanks for that - my approach to most non-life threatening things is to ignore them. I believe this is known as benign neglect as a parenting style 😉
I shall leave them be.

One less thing to worry about!

get them checked by gp/nurse they can just go away as copepod says BUT they can get seriously bad ...catch them quickly and dont use overcounter products ...the wartner is great but does freeze the foot so can be dangerous for Diabetic xx as you seeing dsn anyway bring it up x🙂

Thanks Am - that was my thinking - that over-the-counter things were to be avoided for Ross.

I'll definitely mention it on Tuesday.

H
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back