Vegan Chocolate

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyBikey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
As some of you will have guessed I have had stomach problems for the past few days culminating in being sick on Sunday night. The only unusual thing about Sunday evening was I caught up on my Advent calender and ate 4 small chocolates. Looking yesterday I realised they were vegan dark chocolate which I have never eaten before. Has anybody else had problems with this? The occasional square or squares of G&B's 85% have only been a problem with temptation! 🙂

Most dark chocolate is effectively vegan even if not marketed/guaranteed as such. It may be that they have some ingredient such as sweeteners as suggested by bulkbiker, or it may be coincidental

Given the size of the contents of my advent calendar (very small), I would be surprised if 4 small chocolates would make you very ill. It could be a virus and nothing to do with what you ate.
Earlier in the year, it was suggested an upset stomach could be a symptom of covid. Are you able to test @MikeyBikey ?

Most dark chocolate is effectively vegan even if not marketed/guaranteed as such. It may be that they have some ingredient such as sweeteners as suggested by bulkbiker, or it may be coincidental
Would definitely be worth checking which sweetners were used as some really do cause iffy tummies.

Sometimes you don't need much of those laxative causing sweetners to cause an upset.

Have you still got the box @MikeyBikey ?

Would be worth checking the ingredients list to put your mind at rest.

Hope you are feeling better now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back