Vaccination booster !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacinta (Australian)

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hey lovelies so yesterday myself and my fiancée had the booster shot yesterday , we only had a sore arm and I also ended up falling asleep for 2 hours from it . Today on the other hand we both woke up with body aches , so we ended up having a shower and we were fine , so I went to work and around 2pm ish my body started to ache again , so I ended up asking my co workers for Panadol , I was wondering is there a drink that we can have to also help with this ??? My team leader wanted to give me Powerade / stamina drink but I had to turn it down because the sugar level is through the roof in one of those . I took water with it but was there like a type of drink apart from water that may or may not help a bit ???? So I can get through work without any problems . Please and thankyou 🙂

I’d just stick with water.
Have you seen any impact on your BG levels from the booster? Or from the panadol?
(I’m pretty certain that panadol sends my BG into quite the spike but that might well be because I’m only going to take it off something else is wrong so maybe it’s that something else which is to blame.)

I try to avoid "energy drinks" they seem to just be a combination of sugar and caffeine.
They may have some value if you are exercising but not if you are feeling exhausted - you need to make sure you are well hydrated and rest when you can.
If you are not well enough to work, you are not well enough to work.

Unlike @ColinUK I do not find Panadol affects my blood sugars. However, the reason I am taking Panadol can definitely affect them ... and the Panadol eases their impact.

Hope you recover speedily @Jacinta (Australian)

Probably feels a bit rotten, but be encouraged - having a bit of a reaction shows that your immune system is hard at work creating the antibodies and t-cells that you want!

Hello All , thankyou so much for everything I really appericate it . I have been resting , sitting when I can at work , again today around the same time as yesterday I ended up being sore so I kindly asked my boss for 2 Panadols thank her loving soul , worked a treat and had a shower tonight which also calmed my muscles down . I’ve haven’t been over doing it thankgod which has helped me in a way and usually when I work with this particular team leader she is amazing and understands me . My first 2 pifizer vaccinations didn’t do anything to me apart from a sore arm , the booster pifizer shot was the one that knocked me out to sleep for 2 hours then body aches day after and again today so I’m hoping it will start to settle down. I’ve been drinking a lot of water even with this going on and I rejected the staminade again today and just drank a lot of water . Thankyou for That everyupsanddowns I’m just hoping it’s doing what it’s suppose to then I don’t need to worry about having an achy body .
Apparently it’s good that the booster shot knocks you out for you to fall asleep for 2 hours ? Why would that be a good thing ???

Hello All , thankyou so much for everything I really appericate it . I have been resting , sitting when I can at work , again today around the same time as yesterday I ended up being sore so I kindly asked my boss for 2 Panadols thank her loving soul , worked a treat and had a shower tonight which also calmed my muscles down . I’ve haven’t been over doing it thankgod which has helped me in a way and usually when I work with this particular team leader she is amazing and understands me . My first 2 pifizer vaccinations didn’t do anything to me apart from a sore arm , the booster pifizer shot was the one that knocked me out to sleep for 2 hours then body aches day after and again today so I’m hoping it will start to settle down. I’ve been drinking a lot of water even with this going on and I rejected the staminade again today and just drank a lot of water . Thankyou for That everyupsanddowns I’m just hoping it’s doing what it’s suppose to then I don’t need to worry about having an achy body .
Apparently it’s good that the booster shot knocks you out for you to fall asleep for 2 hours ? Why would that be a good thing ???
The booster shot making you feel sick is good because it means your body is responding to it, by making the antibodies. Then if you get Covid your body will be ready to fight it off better.

I went quite ill after my booster, but only for about five minutes. Came over all unnecessary and my head and veins in my neck went peculiar. Sat for the required time and was then okay. Feel all protected now which is a good thing because I'm surrounded by Covid. Wonder how long I can be around it without going down like a nine pin. Hope you feel okay now, the tops of my arms still feel a tad peculiar but also from the flu jab and all the jabs were before Christmas. Dunno what that's about.

I have only had the first two shots, as I had Covid when called for the booster. If I'd been working I'd have happily got up and gone - but I did have two mornings in bed. My reaction to the first jab was rather worse than the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back