UTI and blood glucose

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkjude

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have a UTI. On waking this morning my BG was 10. Breakfast was 2 eggs with smoked salmon. I have drunk water and been walking round the house yet 2 hours after breakfast I got a reading of 12. Nothing in my breakfast to cause that spike. Could it be the UTI? I was looking at natural supplements for UTI but a lot contain sugars or have not been researched enough to show if they work. Started a course of Trimethroprim today.

I have a UTI. On waking this morning my BG was 10. Breakfast was 2 eggs with smoked salmon. I have drunk water and been walking round the house yet 2 hours after breakfast I got a reading of 12. Nothing in my breakfast to cause that spike. Could it be the UTI? I was looking at natural supplements for UTI but a lot contain sugars or have not been researched enough to show if they work. Started a course of Trimethroprim today.
The antibiotic should help with your UTI but they are not uncommon if your blood glucose is high.
But equally infection of any sort can increase blood glucose.
I think cranberry is supposed to be good for some UTI but the concentration in juice is not sufficient to do much good so the capsules would be better.
If the reading of 12 is unexpectedly high it is worth repeating the test as you may have had something on your fingers or a dodgy strip.

The antibiotic should help with your UTI but they are not uncommon if your blood glucose is high.
But equally infection of any sort can increase blood glucose.
I think cranberry is supposed to be good for some UTI but the concentration in juice is not sufficient to do much good so the capsules would be better.
If the reading of 12 is unexpectedly high it is worth repeating the test as you may have had something on your fingers or a dodgy strip.
Thankyou. I did a control test on my meter which was fine but have ordered new strips as these were left in the kitchen by mistake. Yes its a catch 22 isn't it.

Thankyou. I did a control test on my meter which was fine but have ordered new strips as these were left in the kitchen by mistake. Yes its a catch 22 isn't it.
Sorry if I’m missing something but what’s wrong with the kitchen? So long as you don’t keep the test strips in the oven or the freezer the kitchen is fine. That’s where my bg meter and insulin live.

It says on the instructions to keep away out of direct sunlight and at a temp below 22 and not anywhere steamy etc. I just prefer to keep them elsewhere thats all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back