Using Sure-T sets now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauren

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I've just switched from the quiksets to the steel sure-T sets. So far so good although I found it difficult to insert, when I injected I always put it at a bit of an angle, but with the cannulas you have to put them in straight, and as I use my thighs I found it hard because I could not see the needle but I got there in the end!

If anyone else uses them, what is the best way to take them out? I'm scared of bending the needle as I pull it out 😱 I'm guessing peeling the edge of the sticker and then pulling it out using the little handle things?

I've just switched from the quiksets to the steel sure-T sets. So far so good although I found it difficult to insert, when I injected I always put it at a bit of an angle, but with the cannulas you have to put them in straight, and as I use my thighs I found it hard because I could not see the needle but I got there in the end!

If anyone else uses them, what is the best way to take them out? I'm scared of bending the needle as I pull it out 😱 I'm guessing peeling the edge of the sticker and then pulling it out using the little handle things?

Hi Lauren,
I use the Animas equiv of Medtronics sure T's
I found this for you to watch http://www.medtronicdiabetes.net/Products/InfusionSets which should help with insertion.
Removal, I just gently lift the tape all round the set hold the centre plasic and gently pull out. You might find it easier to use lift plus or some baby oil to lift the stick better.
Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back