Using freestyle LibreLink 2 on my dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellows1

My dog has been diagnosed with diabetes and is now wearing a LibreLink freestyle 2 sensor and has to be injected with insulin twice a day. She has had it on 3 days and every time I’ve scanned the sensor it always reads high level and says it’s 27.8 . If it’s high and out of range is it normal for the reading to always be the same?

The libre only reads up to 27.8, it’s also usually less accurate at extreme ranges and calibrated on humans, they advise not for use on animals though I know some do use on animals, so would reccomend to check with fingerprick meter

My dog has been diagnosed with diabetes and is now wearing a LibreLink freestyle 2 sensor and has to be injected with insulin twice a day. She has had it on 3 days and every time I’ve scanned the sensor it always reads high level and says it’s 27.8 . If it’s high and out of range is it normal for the reading to always be the same?
Hi,

I don't know about how the libre works with dogs, but will the reading be accurate? Is glucose in dogs distributed the same. Is it like for like or is a conversion required?

I looked after a diabetic dog for a couple of weeks and had to collect a urine sample each morning and test with a dip stick and depending on the result give a certain amount of insulin, morning and evening, timing seemed pretty critical as she would go hypo without food at a particular time. A few scary occasions when I had to treat with a teaspoon of honey.
No blood testing then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back