Useful Apps for Blood Glucose Monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

berryr99

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
For the last 25 years I have been using one of those Novo Nordisk handwritten diaries to log blood sugars/insulin dose etc. They are getting very hard and expensive to obtain now so I was wondering what would be a good app to replace the handwritten diary. Could anyone recommend an app that is easy to use ?

Thanks !

I use mysugr too, the free version is all you need, I was also told about one called mylife by my diabetes nurse which looks good .

Yes before libre I used MySgr too

I also use my suger.

For several years, I have been using an app called diabetes:M. It is not free (EUR50 per year) but it does allow me to capture everything (e.g., weight, blood pressure, lab results, etc), not just blood sugar. Also, I can add comments to each entry. It has a pretty decent pattern analysis feature that will pick up things like Dawn Phenomenon, unusually post-meal highs and lows. I use it to log everything during the day and then do a data export/import each morning into my own tracking database.

For the last 25 years I have been using one of those Novo Nordisk handwritten diaries to log blood sugars/insulin dose etc. They are getting very hard and expensive to obtain now so I was wondering what would be a good app to replace the handwritten diary. Could anyone recommend an app that is easy to use ?

Thanks !
If you have access to a printer, here’s a link to the PDF.

Thanks !

In case you have access to a printer.

No problem @berryr99. You may have to play around with printer settings, but it should print just fine if your printer supports 2-sided printing - I ran an experiment just now to satisfy myself on that point. If you run into difficulties, feel free to get back to me?

If you don't want the added features of an app like MySugr, there's no need for anything beyond a standard spreadsheet version of your handwritten sheets.

This is very helpful as I am totally confused by the My Sgr app - it is very complicated
What is it that you find complicated about the my suger app I use it regularly so might be able to offer help

What is it that you find complicated about the my suger app I use it regularly so might be able to offer help
I just don't understand it. For a start I wanted to put in BS/Insulin etc for breakfast this morning but it assumed that the time of entry onto the system was the time I was having breakfast. I ate at 9am and sat down with the app at 10:30 and it assumed my breafast entry was for 10:30 - that's confusing.

I just don't understand it. For a start I wanted to put in BS/Insulin etc for breakfast this morning but it assumed that the time of entry onto the system was the time I was having breakfast. I ate at 9am and sat down with the app at 10:30 and it assumed my breafast entry was for 10:30 - that's confusing.
Just click the time at the top of the and it will allow you chage it. With any app unless you tell it otherwise it's going think your loging something for the time you're actually entering it.

Just click the time at the top of the and it will allow you chage it. With any app unless you tell it otherwise it's going think your loging something for the time you're actually entering it.
So if you touch the time it will bring up a clock like this then you can enter the time you actually ate and tested if loging letter in the day

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220827-152117.png
    Screenshot_20220827-152117.png
    51.9 KB · Views: 2
So if you touch the time it will bring up a clock like this then you can enter the time you actually ate and tested if loging letter in the day
Thanks, I will try this.

(Note that if you sit in the afternoon and want to enter a morning time, you need to move the hour dot out with your finger to the outer ring, then take it round to the right hour)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back