USB Contour wall charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizzie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all

I have got my new USB Contour. I found out I could get a wall charger for free, so I signed up for one online. But that was more than a month ago and I am still waiting. Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm still waiting, they have been inundated with requests apparently.

I'm still waiting to, its been 3 weeks You would think that if they had the meters they would have enough chargers to go around

I'd forgotten about that, cheers for the reminder! 🙂 I got mine in April I think so been a while too!

Also still waiting on mine, though my purple skin came through the other day 🙂 that took 2 weeks however....may get the wall charger by christmas? 😱

Right now Bayer are swamped with requests so are taking ages to get their bits and bobs out. Saying that, it usually takes them at least 2 weeks because of how busy they are.

I don't think they are dealing with it well - keeping people waiting for so long with no emails or updates to let us know we have not been forgotten about looks to me like they are just leaving things and can't be bothered to chase their suppliers or keep customers updated, and the only reason we know of for the delays is their incompetence and inability to keep up with the number of orders - there are no extenuating circumstances like the weather preventing stock from getting to them etc, just that they have taken more orders than they can send out.

I have always had good customer service from my current meter company, Accuchek, and this bad service from Bayer is really putting me off them which is a pity since the meter looks really good. What I would like is to receive regular updates on what they are doing to get the chargers out and specific dates when they will be sent, assurances that the suppliers are being chased up and ideally changed to avoid these problems happening again, and the same information available at the top of the front page of their website. That would make me feel valued as a customer and not forgotten and ignored, as I now feel. I know the charger is free but that is not the point - I would be happy to pay a few quid for it if I knew it would arrive in good time or I would have been happy to pay a little more for the meter if they included a charger as standard.

Last edited:
Mine arrived today- well should've arrived on Wednesday but I had to have it redelivered.

they must of shipped them all this week i got mine yesterday too 😉

yay they have cleared their blockage! 🙂 I hope to get some non bill post soon! So you lucky people is it any good, how big is it??

yay they have cleared their blockage! 🙂 I hope to get some non bill post soon! So you lucky people is it any good, how big is it??

Here's a picture Rossi:

lhc.jpg

:D

Im still waiting for mine but, took a day or 2 for my blue skin & record book 🙂

It took bayer 6months? to update there glucofacts software for my usb, they need a kick up the backside i think

Sorry for being a bit thick here - but what is a charger and a skin?
Doesn't the tester work on a battery - I am presuming you mean the blood testing bayer contour?

Thanks for any info.

The usb contour has a rechargeable battery inside and can be charged via usb port on computers or wall charger when it finally arrives 🙄 & the skin is just a protective (silicone ) cover just like a skin (silicone cover) for a mobile phone :D

Hope this Helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back