Urgent sudden slurry poos anyone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear you are having bowel issues. Have you lost any weight recently? Have you had gall bladder or pancreatic problems? Just wondering if this might be Pancreatic Enzyme Insufficiency.

Other thing to consider is..... Has the brand of Metformin changed recently? If you just started a new box and it is a brand you haven't had before that could well cause bowel upset. Some of the binding and coating agents used in different brands affect people differently and some people have had really bad reactions to some but been fine with other brands of the same medication.

Do you have a stomach bug?

Thanks.Not lost weight and had some issues for the last couple of years especially on holiday( food treats and alcohol ) I know I drink very little water too.Just wondered if anyone else is same.My tablet brand has changed recently so that may be a contributory factor.My dose has remained constant and I am considered stable

I do get this intermittently, but I have found high fibre and probiotics really help. I make a coleslaw with grated broccoli stem which is very fibrous, red cabbage and pumpkin seeds and a dressing of live Greek yoghurt and raw Apple cider vinegar. I of course add other veg for flavour. Bit of a home remedy I know, but if I eat it as a regular part of my diet it really works for me.

@ulebrun - If your bowel habits have changed it is important to let your GP know. It is all very well looking for reasons, but it is also important to rule out anything sinister.

Sounds like it could be the change of Metformin brand causing issues, but better safe than sorry.

(To be clear; I have zero reason to believe you have anything sinister, but changes to bowel habits should not be put to one side as unimportant.)

Sorry to hear you are having bowel issues. Have you lost any weight recently? Have you had gall bladder or pancreatic problems? Just wondering if this might be Pancreatic Enzyme Insufficiency.
Does sound similar or similar to gallstones, the sulphur smell can be a giveaway too unfortunately.

Thanks.Not lost weight and had some issues for the last couple of years especially on holiday( food treats and alcohol ) I know I drink very little water too.Just wondered if anyone else is same.My tablet brand has changed recently so that may be a contributory factor.My dose has remained constant and I am considered stable
If it ties into fatty or rich food or alcohol then definitely trip to Drs in case is gallstones or pancreatic issues or both , my first warning sign was a sulphur smell, it’s awful, especially if pain when things become urgent. Any acid taste as well or pain around breast bone back or front is worst for me.
Like others have said, any change discussing with dr is a priority, hoping is just meds change as wouldn’t wish these issues on my worst!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back