URGENT ketone help!!! optium exceed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelb1uk

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all...

Have got a optium exceed and have lost all the box and manual etc. bloods are erratic today and don't feel well, just tested my blood ketones on the optium exceed and it came up as 0.1......what does this mean???

HELP!!!!!!!!

s X

no idea but can you google it ??

thanks guys, am feeling really dizzy and nearly fainted this morning so cant think straight....I practically live online and didnt think of looking for the manual there durrr!!!

Thanks loads, it says worry if it shows as 0.6 or more....phewwww!!!! x

looked at the manual online, it says 'blood ketone is expected to be lower than 0.6 mmol/l....'
Would guess that means 0.1 is ok, but I don't test blood ketones so not really the one to answer! Loads on here do though....
Hope you feel better soon

Hi

Do you have the phone number of your nurse or doctor? If so I would ring them and ask for advice. If you don't have a direct line for them, but have their name, you could make an urgent GP appointment and ask the GP to ring through to the clinic for you, giving the name of the doctor/nurse you usually see. I have found that people will pick up the phone quicker and deal with things more efficiently if a GP/doctor is enquiring, than if a member of the public is. In the meantime, keep checking your blood sugar and ketones, and drink lots of water. Have you been told how to inject correction doses of insulin? If so do that. If not be careful and if you are not confident, get advice from a nurse or doctor about how much you need to inject.

The quick reference guide for the Xceed is here: http://www.abbottdiabetescare.com.au/downloads/133-224 Guide Quick Ref AUS Xceed.pdf

and the user manual is here: http://www.abbottdiabetescare.com.au/downloads/133-221_Xceed_User_Manual_G3b_Aus.pdf

Hope you feel better soon.

thanks guys...went from a nasty hypo to 16 (and didnt binge at all am on a major diet!) am now at 13.4....... x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back