Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Korma for dinner

75g basmati (1 person serving) - 57.2g carbs
sauce - 13.8g carbs

works out as 71g carbs in total

what do i do with my insulin????? 1:10 says have 7u buuuuuuut usually with korma I have way way more...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have any reason to suspect that your dinner ratio is not 1:10? How much would you normally have with korma? What does it work out as a ratio?

You could go with the 7 units and just test to see if that's right. Or if you know that what ever you normally have with korma keeps you right, you could go with that for tonight until you are more certain of your dinner ratio. What would you be more comfortable with?

hi randomange, thing is that ive only just started carb counting properly....so usually I guess i would overinject...and hypo later. As has happened every time with korma in the past......

Then I'd go with the seven units, and test and see what happens. I'd also try to resist the urge to correct too early, so if you're a bit higher than you'd like at two hours, wait it out a little and see what happens. 🙂

Sam, not sure if i am too late - but you would be better splitting the dose, so give 50% up front and the other 50% at the 2 hour check or even 3 hour check depending on what level you find, rice takes ages and you might go hypo at 2 hours and then high later if you havent split the dose.🙂Bev

Yup - I'd back what ange says. I'll try not to get into any arguments on this thread Sam!😉

Sam, not sure if i am too late - but you would be better splitting the dose, so give 50% up front and the other 50% at the 2 hour check or even 3 hour check depending on what level you find, rice takes ages and you might go hypo at 2 hours and then high later if you havent split the dose.🙂Bev

thanks bev, its just being served up. I'm gunna go for a 4 and 4 then, just to tru 🙂 (i extra unit to be on the safe side i think...)

Yup - I'd back what ange says. I'll try not to get into any arguments on this thread Sam!😉

XD oh northe, dicuss away - btw your tweet reply made me giggle earlier 😛

Thats good - you could go high later so perhaps delay your second injection unil the 3 hour mark.🙂Bev

Yep agree with that. Test hourly Sam, this is where you find out when you will start spiking with rice with a creamy sauce on. As soon as you start going up up up take the rest but still test hourly, not to correct or anything but to see what is happening.

That is the best way to find out what is going on, testing.

You are going fantastically. You are really thinking things through here.

🙂

good luck sam we're all routing for you xx🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back