update

Status
Not open for further replies.

mage 1

Had My results of my HbA1c today from the doctor after waiting in all day yesterday for my nurse phone appointment that didn’t happen I rung the surgery and receptionist said I will put you in to talk to a doctor as I was not on the list for the nurse . he was over the moon to give me the results of 42 and saying I was doing all the right things I told him about my low-carb diet he said great then we talked about my blood pressure as I’ve read on the forum about low pressure When losing weight having a blood pressure monitor I’ll take my blood pressure every morning and it’s coming out on average 125 / 59 so he said to stop taking my blood pressure tablets and Monitor It over the month .

and I had a cholesterol test and he said to stop taking my cholesterol tablets as well as my levels were good .
I asked about coming off my metfomin tablets and trying to maintain and reducing my glucose level further He did not want me to come off metfomin so that is my next challenge to bring my glucose down further and come off my last and only tablet
I’ve just like to say a big big big big big thank you to all of you who have helped me achieve this
The doctor answered all my questions that I asked and did not rush me
So to sum it up I started in January with blood glucose at 118 and eight months later my blood glucose are now 42 and coming down with all your help and encouragement thank you again .as I have had no help or encouragement from the doctors and nurses in my GP practice .

Congratulations @mage 1 both in your results and on having a doctor who is open to Low Carb and to de-prescribing.
I especially like that he decide that your Cholesterol numbers were good enough to stop taking your tablets )(presumably Statins) - that is a big win because most doctors would keep you on them no matter how good your numbers.

Metformin is something that some people decide to stay on even when they've had an HbA1C in the 30 to 40 range for years. So long as you don't suffer it's side effects then it's not a big thing if you stay on it.

Congratulations @mage 1 both in your results and on having a doctor who is open to Low Carb and to de-prescribing.
I especially like that he decide that your Cholesterol numbers were good enough to stop taking your tablets )(presumably Statins) - that is a big win because most doctors would keep you on them no matter how good your numbers.

Metformin is something that some people decide to stay on even when they've had an HbA1C in the 30 to 40 range for years. So long as you don't suffer it's side effects then it's not a big thing if you stay on it.
Thanks I am very happy with the outcome I do suffer a bit with the side effects so will see how I get on

Brilliant results...well done!

Thank you

Many, many congratulations on such fabulous results. I hope you and your family are incredibly proud of what you have achieved and in a relatively short space of time. So pleased your hard work has paid off. Well done!

Congratulations you are a great example of how to do it. I hope I can get there myself.

Many, many congratulations on such fabulous results. I hope you and your family are incredibly proud of what you have achieved and in a relatively short space of time. So pleased your hard work has paid off. Well done!
Thank you Barbara and thanks for all your help and support

Wow! What amazing results @mage 1 - you must be thrilled!

Glad the forum has been able to offer you some pointers and encouragement…. but it is you that had to do the hard work, and put that into practice!

You will be an inspiration to others for sure!

Thanks everydayupsanddowns and thank you for all your support pointing me in the right direction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back